Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • resurrecting marta brakes
  • Premier Icon jd13m

hi,
    My Marta SLs have cracked on the right hand mount – I’m looking for the cheapest way to resurrect the brakes as it’s for an old 26″ bike that will eventually be replaced once the forks/wheels/drivetrain go terminal….
    so does anyone know please?
    1. if I did manage to get hold of a set of alu marta levers are the internals compatible if those were in a not good state? I’m assuming they are probably identical. I’m also assuming this might be as likely as a lottery win when you don’t buy a ticket…. so
    2. has anyone used any alternative magura levers with the marta calipers?
    3. looks like I’m not the only one who wondered if Shimano levers might work as theres a couple of posts/articles out there – has anyone tried it though and is it easy swap?

I’ve had a look on ebay etc. to just get a replacement set of brakes but not surprised at some of the high priced but not that good stuff out there (or perhaps I’m too picky…)

Premier Icon qwerty
    Free Member

I’ve used old Louise levers with Marta calipers, worked a treat. I’d give Shimano levers a go. Marta levers in aluminium used to retail at £75 each. Let me rummage in the garage, I did have some bits but may have cleared them out, if I find anything I’ll direct message you.

Premier Icon jd13m

thanks qwerty that’s good to know, hadn’t thought about the louises

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘resurrecting marta brakes’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.