Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Resting heart rates
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

What's yours?

Yes I am bored 🙂

surfer
    Free Member

On a good day 41

Max of 175

Drac

Not taken it for about 2 years, it use to be about 50. Then about 68 now I have no idea, could go and stick myself on the ECG if I could be arsed.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

38 last time I bothered checking, max of 204 (I'm 28 if that makes any difference to your boredness)

Everywhen
    Free Member

donsimon
    Free Member

Seen 38 min and max 206 (44 but feel like 28).

Tiger6791

80 ish

clubber
    Free Member

max 194

chiefgrooveguru

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Haven't taken a resting one in a while, but hit 198 according to the garmin at the weekend.

When I had my knee OP, Id been doing a lot of low impact cardio stuff (swimming mainly) and when I came round from the drugs I could concentrate on my breething and make the ECG machine do the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppppp and scare the nurses :-p

GregMay
    Free Member

48 at the moment…unless i click on that site…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

clubber – Member

Is that because of your rowing background?

ampthill

I think its mainly genetic

aracer
    Free Member

About 45 last time I checked, though probably nearer 42 now (which is about what I get down to when I'm really fit). Once saw 38. No idea about my max – something pathetically low probably, but I'm too much of a wuss to actually push myself that hard normally.

qwerty
    Free Member

60, er 42, er 27, err 10, ________________________________________

molgrips
    Free Member

It is, yes.

clubber
    Free Member

KINGTUT – Member
    Is that because of your rowing background?

KT – it's because I'm a liar 😉

Resting heart rate means nothing – my resting HR (52) is the same now that I'm really quite unfit as it was 10 years ago when I was really very fit…

aracer
    Free Member

Resting heart rate means nothing – my resting HR (52) is the same now that I'm really quite unfit as it was 10 years ago when I was really very fit…

I'd agree to some extent – mine was still under 50 when I was really unfit (though my unfit isn't necessarily the same as anybody else's). I am seeing a bit of variation with fitness though.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Wow i'm an athelete! http://www.netfit.co.uk/ty13.htm#
    see, you do get fat atheletes!

andy7t2
    Free Member

48 isn't recovery time is a better measurement of your fitness

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

46 last time I checked – a good bit lower than my age

donsimon
    Free Member

isn't recovery time is a better measurement of your fitness

Altough min will have some effect, I do belive that the ability of your heart to give you blood when you need it and stop supplying it when you don't is a good measure of fitness and quite useful too.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Something around the low 60's, but it's never been that low

maxray
    Free Member

Mine beats like a baby rabbits foot 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

About 72-76
    Between 125 – 165 on the road, about 180 max.
    Never worn a HRM during a road race.
    Probably went off the board during a Hill climb TT as I nearly lost control of whizz way.

Though strangely during hospital tests earlier this year the most they could get out of me on the treadmill was 96.

During 1985 I reached my lowest recorded resting of 68, that was when you had to have a full on medical to compete in a full Ironman

Trekster

50 @ 56yrs old earlier in the year during ecg test, doc was getting worried 🙄
    we used to have a little test machine at the squash club which you held a finger on till your pulse settled to give a fitness level test.ie recovery time from flat out till resting.

simondbarnes

42, not that it means much.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Interstingly my HR went from 52 to 87 after dinner 🙂 Good old digestion 🙂

ton

47……….not bad for a fat lad………….. 8)

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

recorded at 34 when at uni, now 15 years later 38, however my max has plummeted in that time!

cheers_drive

Resting 42
    204 Max
    Tested with ECG 24hr and ramp tests last year but my HRM has read 214 but that was the extra beats I sometimes get due to an irregular heart beat.
    Age 34

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Resting heart rates’ is closed to new replies.