Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Restaurants in that London
  • djglover
    Free Member

Has anyone got any good recommendations for good Asian / Middle eastern restaurants.

Ideally Needs to be in the west end or further west and not looking for anything too formal or too low rent. I have eaten at Ran Soho (Korean) before something similar to that is ideal.

Anyone know any gems?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Budget? I can recommend a few, but would prefer not to upset your wallet!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Which London?

kimbers

blue elephant thai opposite fulham broadway is yummy

djglover
    Free Member

Captain, if they are that good, then budget is not a consideration, so go for it

hh45
    Free Member

there are some good Korean places on St Giles Hi St – basically the back of Centre Point by Tott Court Rd station.

there are great Lebanese places along Edgeware Road.

I know a great Ethiopian 1/2 mile north of Kings Cross if you can bear to go north….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, in that case, India is Asian, surely! Cinnamon Club. Amazing. Not cheap, but superb food!

Matsuri, St James. Japanese. Excellent.

Sake no Hana. Again, not cheap, but very good!

Sadly, there’s nowhere in London you can get decent Xiao Long Bao. This is a travesty!

Din Tai Fung – OPEN A BRANCH IN LONDON! PLEASE! NO, NOT PLEASE. NOW, YOU XIA LONG BAO MAKING MAGICIANS!

atlaz
    Free Member

If you can be bothered to go as far as Victoria, there’s a GREAT Turkish place called Kazan (http://kazan-restaurant.com/). There’s one a lot of my colleagues recommend (but I’ve never eaten at it so who knows), Ozer (http://www.ozerrestaurant.com/). Finally, there’s Levant (http://www.levant.co.uk/) which is good but has belly dancing on some nights which, personally, isn’t a winning thing for me. Food is good tho.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kazan! How could I forget! Just up the road from me. Awesome place, lovely food. I eat there at least once a month. It really is excellent. The Tabbouleh (Spl?) is divine.

Also, close to the best beer pub in the world.. Cask

DenDennis
    Free Member

Rasa, charlotte St FTW.

Go for the non-veg feast menu @£25, superb fragrant Kerala fish dishes.
    just go easy on the starters or you’ll end up getting too stuffed to enjoy mains and dessert! 😀

atlaz
    Free Member

CFH – Cask that good? I’ll have to nip in for a beer at the end of my London tow-path cruise next week.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That good? No. It’s better than that good!

I’d join you for a few, but I’m in the US for a couple of weeks. If the Mikkeller stuff is still on, have the Black Hole Red Wine. WOW!

I know Stoner has been there, and I suspect he agrees with my opinion.

For beer, there really is nowhere better. Seriously. It’s astonishing.

willard

If “Cask” is the pub just round the corner from Dolphin Square with about a million different types of beer, then it is _that_ good.

A truly wonderful place.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Willard, that’s the one. My local, too! 😆

If anyone from STW is there, let me know, I’ll try and pop by.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

The Mikkeller was still on as of Tuesday, and was awesome, I preferred the ‘S**t Coffee’ but also enoyed the three black hole styles.

Was going to reccomend Kazan but its already been done!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There’s still some Mikkeller lunacy to be had as of tonight! Popped in for a couple earlier.

As above, if you’re heading to Cask, let me know and I’ll try and pop by for a chat/pint!

The S**t Coffee has never been my fave of his work. The Cranberry Monk’s Elixir, however. OH…..MY…..GOD. Amazing.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

I did sample the Monks, it was rather good, pop in on occasion to the Cask when i’m in town with work, fine pub

choron
    Free Member

Kikuchi sushi just off Tottenham Court Road, Nopi in soho for more middle eastern stuff.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Monk’s on at the moment is the “ordinary” Monk’s Elixir. Talking to the chaps behind the bar tonight, they’re apparently trying to persuade him to make the Cranberry version a house beer. Cask have an astonishing pumpkin beer (Morkel?) that is nearly as good. But not. The Mikkeller Cranberry Monk’s Elixir is one of the most amazing taste experiences I have ever had.

atlaz
    Free Member

CFH – when you back from the US then?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A couple of weeks in the US, then Spain, then Australia, then Singapore…. so, how about December? 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

I’m out in Luxembourg for a while but will be back in December. STW “That London” Christmas drinks it is then.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

STW “That London” Christmas drinks

At Cask? I like the sound of that!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Budget? I can recommend a few, but would prefer not to upset your wallet!

Why would you assume he’s not as wealthy as you? 😕

Rasa as mentioned is good, but veggie I think.

Tas near Waterloo is nice, there’s one on the Cut and another tucked away round the back in the railway viaduct. Couple of other branches too.

I prefer places in the ‘rough’ parts of town, as the food is just as good but nowhere near as spensive, but then I’m potto scum so of little help really. 😀

Ah balls this talk of food reminded me that I’ve got no rice to go with my stuffed peppers and fried aubergine what I was going to have for supper. 🙁

Scheiße! 😡

neilnevill
    Free Member

I 2nd cinamon club

mango tree is nice for Thai food, bu can feel very crowded and rushed

neilnevill
    Free Member

Fred…he may think OP has as much cash as Flashy…..but only Flashy flashes so much?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Pah! Flashy lives in a bedsit in Vauxhaul, pretends it’s Pimlico.

I know this because I go to visit him sometimes, as part of my charity work (which I don’t like to talk about actually mate).

djglover
    Free Member

Changed my mind to Tapas and went for El Pirata de Tapas in the end….

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Restaurants in that London’ is closed to new replies.