Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Restaurants in Douglas – IoM
  • jeffl

I'm over there for a couple of days with work next week, staying in Douglas. Can anyone recommend anywhere good to eat in the evening? Oh plus any good pubs?

Esme
    Free Member

Can't help you with evenings, but there's a fantastic veggie restaurant at the railway station. Unless it's changed recently, it closes around 5pm-ish though

Greens Vegetarian Restaurant
    Steam Railway Station
    North Quay, Douglas, IM1 4LL
    Tel 01624 629129

Rich_s

Taj Mahal is quite pleasant on (I think) Esplanade Mews 1/2 way up the prom. Lamb Tikka starter is something else!

Heard good things about The Curry Lounge as well which is near/next to Bordellos, which is a drinky spot.

I go there on business a bit so only really know the curry houses 😉

Don't try and breed with the locals – you'll be fresh meat.

rkk01
    Free Member

There is a nice curry house next to the marina – pretty expensive though*

* possible that I have only expereinced TT prices 🙁

maxray
    Free Member

lol I remember us being asked where the Taj Mahal was in school when we were young and a lad said "at the end of my road!" meaning the very place Rich_s speaks of. He was a bit of a numpty though.

Is Jurgens still there on the prom?

rkk01
    Free Member

Milan Indian Restaurant – North Quay was the place I was thinking of. Odd name for an Indian??

Rich_s

It all seems much more expensive this year than it used to be. Pint of Cobra at the Taj is something like £4.50-£4.80. I wince when submitting my expenses these days 😉

GaVgAs
    Free Member

http://www.coasters.co.im

tel 01624 616020 (IMI4lH)

Exellent tex mex just next to the Harbour in Douglas,Green front to the restaurant.

I can reccommend the Chiken and King Prawn Fajitas 😉

will1
    Free Member

Another for Coasters – well worth a visit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Restaurants in Douglas – IoM’ is closed to new replies.