Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Restaurant in or near Bolton (not a curry house)
  • TheBrick
    Free Member

I’m off up to Bolton this weekend for my Dads birthday. We are staying at the Reebok stadium near the Horwich Parkway train station. I need a reasonable place to eat on Saturday night, not a curry house as my Dad’s mate who is coming does not like curry.
    Any recommendations from the northern Singletrack workers collective?

geoffj

Nice Italian in Horwich – or Smithills coaching house for very traditional.

Edit – Il Toro

philbert31
    Free Member

Coaching house has closed down!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    geoffj

Coaching house has closed down!

😥

End of an era. I have great childhood memories of eating chicken and ham pie in pick wick room for Sunday tea….and playing in the coach they had inside.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Mmm Italian sound nice and easy to navigate too. Any other suggestions?

easygirl

Il toro is really nice, that would be my choice
    There is a Thai restaurant in Horwich town centre which is good, but a little expensive
    You’ve got all the usual chain restaurants in reebok, which are nothing special
    The brinsop arms is good now, good menu selection
    Lucianos at the millstone is Italian, good but pricy

bearnecessities

Olympus chippy 😉

BristolPablo
    Free Member

Not quite Bolton but there is a tapas restaurant called Ambiente in Worsley which is excellent… for my sins I used to stay at the Novotel a lot with work so it became a regular part of our trips oop norf…

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I live 2 miles from your hotel. Eat a fair bit in Horwich, Il toro is good, a sister restaurant to this (which is a mile away from Il Toro) is “Rivington bar and grill” (used to be called the Ridgeway Arms 6 months ago)Nice Italian/English food there. Viva Espana also in Horwich, Spanish food which is good but you must like garlic!. Bob Smithy’s pub and Blundell Arms are the top end of Horwich near each other at the top of an hill. Both traditional British pubs with superb food. I dont recommend things lightly but all of these are sound.

wors

San Marino. That is all.

sparkola

Haven’t eaten out (non-curry) around here much recently… but The Cherry Tree at on the A6 just past Blackrod was pleasant last summer. The restaurant at Bobs Smithy up on Chorley Old Road has been getting postive reviews from friends recently, so may be worth a look.

As above, Il Toro always gets good comments.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations looks like Horwich has a few possible places to eat. That a good list especially from kingkongfinger thanks!

Coyote
    Free Member

Harts of Leigh was always a favourite of mine. Not been for a few years mind.

zokes
    Free Member

Smithills coaching house for very traditional.

Traditional, as in the crockery has more flavour and texture than the food served upon it, you mean?

No wonder it closed down, most of its traditional clientele have ‘closed down’ also…

geoffj

No wonder it closed down, most of its traditional clientele have ‘closed down’ also…

😆

samuri
    Free Member

Harts of Leigh was always a favourite of mine. Not been for a few years mind.

My wife is friends with the owner. Nice little place, struggling last I heard. Bit far out for these guys though.

Il Toro, The Cherry tree, Casa Nostra in Westhoughton and one of our favourites, The China Room in westhoughton. All good places.

lowey
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Restaurant in or near Bolton (not a curry house)’ is closed to new replies.