Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Resprayed Soul annoyance
  • waller
    Free Member

Got my Soul resprayed by a local firm. Done a really lovely job on the finish.

Only slight irritation is they didn’t follow my request and remove the old paint prior to spraying. But for £50 you can’t have everything right?…..

P20

Have they sprayed the bb threads too?

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I had that on my wife’s road bike. Powercoat I thought needed to have the paint removed but the chips present in the in the old paint are still there, just a new colour. Not what I was expecting and cost more than 50 quid.

waller
    Free Member

Looks like they have filled the chips. It was yellow before so with a bit of luck when it chips it’ll look all team scream 🙂 I did get a little pot of touch up with it.

The annoying thing is the finish Is so good it’s just not been done properly 😀

matther01
    Free Member

Bloke on here got theirs done in white from a sprayer in the gt manc area for £25. Looked brilliant.

daveh
    Free Member

It’ll look better with those RSTs on…..

winch
    Free Member

Mmm. Looks like a nice job, I’d probably not worry about it too much.

I had my Soul sand blasted and powder coat for £25. It did look good and still polishes up quite nicely, but it isn’t the toughest of finishes. The problem with powder coat is it is just that, a coating. It doesn’t really adhere to the frame but rather just encapsulates it. Once chipped there is potential for water ingress.

If it helps, you may have been lucky not to have got the frame sandblasted. I had my frame back after blasting with a view to making some modifications and so saw what it looked like in the bare metal. The surface was full of small dimples left by the blasting. The blasting procedure has the effect of work hardening the surface of the metal. I can’t be sure that having the frame blasted didn’t contribute (though probably only in a small way) to the demise of my Soul (it’s now cracked at the chainstay and the head tube).

So, if you are happy with the job they have done, I wouldn’t worry about them not removing the paint first, just get it built up and get out and ride it!

waller
    Free Member

The Mrs has gone mental thinking I have bought another frame. The bit of yellow that I can see had saved my skin.

Cheers for the info Winch put my mind at ease 🙂

And those rst’s….. I really need to stop hoarding stuff…..

winch
    Free Member

Is that some RST mozo 3.5’s with the rubber boots removed (naughty) underneath in the red?

Stick a pic up once you’ve rebuilt it waller!

waller
    Free Member

They are indeed 😉 and will do. Might take a while 😀

winch
    Free Member

winch – Member
    Is that some RST mozo 3.5’s with the rubber boots removed (naughty) underneath in the red?

waller – Member
    They are indeed 😉

A new low for me I think.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Resprayed Soul annoyance’ is closed to new replies.