Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • resin flat pedals
  • fenboy

As some alloy ones are quite hard to get hold of just now, i’m looking to replace my superstar pedals (big rectangular shape keeps hitting stuff), would like the burgtec black alloy ones ideally but out of stock everywhere i can see. other options are unite pedals or the composite burgtec or composite OneUp pedals which are a better price point for something that takes a beating but what are they like.

can anyone give me their experience of the composite pedals and anything on the unite ones??

cheers

weeksy

I like Nukeproof Neutron lots…

fenboy

I know the Nukeproof ones get great reviews but not quite black enough!

dusterbenny
    Free Member

I’m just over a year into using the composite burgtecs and they’ve not missed a beat. Being plastic they do look a bit rough after just a few rides, but otherwise they’re great.

BillOddie

HT PA03A (catchy name!) get good reviews and I have a set waiting to go on when the bushing in my DMR vaults do the trying to escape the pedal body thing again.

The shape and pin length look good.

They are about 35 squid.

snotrag

I really like my Composite One-ups.

I bought some Nukeproof composites and they are good too, but just not quite as nice feeling under foot as the One-ups.

I’ve smashed them off loads of rocks and stuff and they have held up really well. Reccomended.

leonthepro
    Free Member

I have been using the Deity ones for the last three months coming from alloy and was a bit sceptical but absolutely love them. No real difference from alloy they just don’t show the scratches as much.
    Son has been running the burgtec ones for a while and no issues there either. Both recommend.

rhayter

I had a pair of Race Face Chester pedals on my last bike. They were great. Loads of grip and still looked good after hitting stuff or crashing. Pedal shape and PIN number/length are more important than the material of the body I’d say.

submarined
    Free Member

Much like the above, Deity Deftraps on one bike, Burgtec plastics on another.
    Deity are miles ahead on grip, size, and it appears bearing life. Deity all day long for me. Burgtecs feel small and tall in comparison.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I like Nukeproof Neutron lots…

I bought some as a temporary set a couple of years back now to do me for a weekend riding trip and they’re still on the bike. Seem to hold up to knocks etc just as well as metal pedals. One pin has been smashed backward through the pedal body but thats the only damage thats going to affect function in 2+ years of use.

Will get another set when they’re finished…

DezB
    Free Member

carboncycles have black in stock
    https://www.discobrakes.com/?s=0&t=2&c=127&p=1770&type=CarbonCycles%20Shop&&tb=003
    £24 – if the bearings are anything like the alu ones, they last forever!

kiwijohn

I replaced my broken Chromag Synths with Burgtec plastics.
    I bought another pair of Synths after 6 months, because the Burgtecs just weren’t that grippy.

mashr

Another vote for Diety, had mine a year or so, they’re still black too

the00
    Free Member

I like plastic pedals. Whilst they do scratch, at least they’re the same color all the way through.

Do not but Blackspire ones, they are quite grippy but they rattle on the axle. The warranty department DNGAS.

That experience has lead my to rebuild my Sixpack pedals, which are mint. Usefully smaller for squeezing between rocks.

I would I have tried Burgtec if they were in stock a couple of months ago.

intheborders
    Free Member

I tried the One-Ups after the Nukeproofs, destroyed them within 6 months, went back to Nukeproofs.

chriscubed

Nukeproof electrons on my bike…not quite black (hadn’t seen the blacker deity ones), grippy and tough.
    I’ve managed to break one part of the pedal after about 15 months of rock strikes (need to get my pedalling timing better when the suspension is compressing), I was surprised they lasted that long and have replaced with another set of the same

plyphon
    Free Member

Love my Raceface Chesters. They’ve taken a fair beating on some granite up in the Highlands recently too and they’re still good as new.

keithyr
    Free Member

I happen to be selling a pair of deity deftrap resin pedals on a well known auction site.

vicksplace

I also love nukeproof plastic ones and have them on all my bikes now. Purple for the win!

greyspoke
    Free Member

Has anyone taken several of the plastic types apart – I wonder if they all run essentially the same internal arrangement, with just the detailed platform shape, pin arrangements etc. varying? I have some DMR Vaults (alu, use a 12mm id plastic bushing at the inboard end) and Nukeproof [can’t remember which subatomic particle]s (10mm id metal/ptfe DU bushing placed more towards the centre of the pedal). The Nukes also use two ball bearings at the outboard end not one. The bearing and bushings on the Nukes are loose fits, they drop out, things a bit tighter on the DMRs but the bush does creep a bit as noted above and on other threads.

It occurred to me that these differences may be down to the different material properties, a need to place more plastic around the bushing and too much pressure on the plastic from just one bearing.

asbrooks

I replaced my vaults with V11s, initially I found that the pins weren’t as grippy as the ones on the vaults. I’ve gotten used to them now and it’s nice to be able to adjust my foot position a bit easier.
    As mentioned above £40 is a pretty good price.

fenboy

Thanks guys, i’ve ordered a pair of the V11’s from certini to try (cheers igm), i like the shape of vaults but never tried them so we’ll see how we get on and they are nice and black!

I was thinking of the oneups as i have their bars/stem/tool and chainguide but the convex shape on the resin one sounds counterintuitive and i didn’t want to spaff over a ton on the alu ones!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘resin flat pedals’ is closed to new replies.