Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Residents parking advice
  • project
    Free Member

I live in a block of appartments,and we are haveing problems with car parking, basicly of 32 appartments we have 16 spaces,but 32 garages,which some are used for storage, by their owners,some residents dont have cars,and quite a few residents dont have the ability to drive in a garage.

So we have cars parking on the pavements around the block, causing problems with delivery drivers,and refuse trucks.

So how can we allocate parking spaces,can we specify no visitor parking,one car per appartment,or force residents to use their garages to park,if the vehicle fits,not to high, or long.

BoardinBob

What does it say in your title deeds about parking?

project
    Free Member

Just that we are allowed top park within the parking spaces.

BoardinBob

Has the street been adopted by the local authority?

I'm involved in a similar situation and the only solid advice I can give you is do not, under any circumstances, bring in a private parking company to try and sort the problem. They are scum of the highest order and will create more problems than they solve and they will not stop.

project
    Free Member

Boardin bob,its a private car park,and we where thinking of bringing in wheel clampers,but a few weeks ago a neighbour had his van clamped for the day, due to unpaid council parking fee,somewhere else, and the bill went into hundreds for him.

BoardinBob

Clampers are a nightmare and they'll go after everyone, bullying them into paying even for parking correctly.

Do you have a managing agent for the block or a residents association? I'd speak to them to get the opinion of others.

Our management company brought in a private parking company and it's been a disaster and they will not go away. I own my parking space and the land it's on and even when I was parked in it with my permit on display I was still getting tickets. I gave up displaying the permit altogether and at my last count I've got somewhere in the region of 150 parking tickets which the PPC is asking for £180 for each ticket. 😆 About £27,000 in total.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Is there any space to park infront of the garages?
    My GF's old place stipulated that garages were for the storage of cars & you risked losing your garage (they were seperately rented) if you just used it for storing other stuff.
    You'll have to get a consensus from everyone if you want to do something similar & I doubt you will TBH…

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Can't ou just get by the way things are? Have you ever had your bins not collected for a week because of it? Missed a vital package delivery because of it?

I think the hope of changing the habits of dozens of people, with or without potentially involving third parties that will only make things miserable, is a lost cause.

Where do you park your car?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Residents parking advice’ is closed to new replies.