Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Resale Values
  • add26
    Free Member

Hi everyone,

Could I get some advice on possible resale values of my bike, as I’m thinking about getting something new.

I have a 2010 Orange 5 AM (18″)

http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bikes/archive/2010/five_am/

It has most of the optional upgrades, Hope Tech M4 Brakes, Talas Float R 36 Forks (100 – 160) and Hope Headset.

There’s a couple of similar on ebay atm for £1750/£1800 without the upgrades.

Is that realistic money?

Thanks in advance

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Split it, you’ll get more ££

chakaping
    Free Member

There’s a couple of similar on ebay atm for £1750/£1800 without the upgrades.

Is that realistic money?

Nowhere near.

Did you check the completed listings instead?

shaggmiester
    Free Member

I just sold my 2013 five with top spec kashimo forks and shock and reverb and struggled to get £2200 for it, never struggled before to get what I want for them but this year was obvious to me that the second hand market is struggling and I’d bet it’s down to the confusion of all these bleeding wheel sizes! 🙄

add26
    Free Member

add26
    Free Member

@chakaping – whats your view of realistic?

somafunk

After one year for a general rule it’s 50% of new price, for every year after that i generally knock off another 5% if in very good condition or 10% if in poor condition.

So if it was £3000, new 3 years ago, bearing in mind 2014 is round the corner and the bike is in good condition with nothing needing replaced i’d say £1350, maybe pushing £1400 max, if in a well used condition i’d say £1150 to £1200.

However there are a lot of idiots on ebay who get bid fever and pay daft money for stuff so take a chance.

chakaping
    Free Member

Funny enough I would have said almost the same as somafunk, £1,100 to £$1,200 – but without doing the equations.

If it were a spesh, trek or giant it would probably be a bit less.

🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Resale Values’ is closed to new replies.