Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Reroofing the shed.
  • seadog101

OK, simple one this.

The standard felt on the shed is at the end of its life. Time to do some reroofing.

Do I:

1 – Just cover it up with new felt?
    2 – Rip off old felt and replace with new?
    3 – Do something more interesting ?

bigG
    Free Member

I decided to bite the bullet and use onduline sheets to reroof the shed. Attached on top of existing felt roof. Looks a million times better and was remarkably simple to install.

Cost a few more quid than just felt but it’s guaranteed for 15 years. From memory it took four sheets, five ridge pieces and a bag of fixings to do my shed roof.

Onduline

wrightyson
    Free Member

Onduline is good stuff. But in this case I’d just regret over the existing. Oh and I “shit loads if silicone” the joints rather than nail 😁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy01

I’ve not fitted it yet, but got a load of Coroline bitumen corrugated sheet ready to re-do our shed roof.
    We’ve got no boards down as the current roof is clear polycarb sheets. I think the previous owner used it as potting shed.
    This got about 30 holes in it a couple of yrs ago during a particularly heavy hailstorm (which also dented the car!) Which I covered with gorilla tape, but that’s all peeling off.

The extra timber I need to strengthen the roof up, 4 roof panels, 4 ridge pieces and the screw in fixings (from Screwfix) came in at <£200.

cheeezzy24
    Free Member

New felt from homebase. Cheapest I found.

hamishthecat

Cheap felt is a very false economy IMO. I reroofed my knackered shed with coraline over the existing felt and it’s been bone dry since.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Reroofing the shed.’ is closed to new replies.