Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Request for long-distance route ideas
  • gairym
    Free Member

Evening folks,

I’ve got a request for help from you all.

(Note: I realise that it’s new years eve but I’m not really interested in all that nonsense and so instead I’m sat researching riding for next year)

Basically, I’ve been mulling over various ideas for a two week long-distance biking trip next summer and I’m struggling for route ideas.

Something like the TransAlp event (but independent) is what I’m after.

The terrain is out there but I can’t seem to find anything by way of existing (possibly way-marked) trails/itineraries to follow.

I’m thinking of mainly Alps-based (as we live in the Ardeche in France) but ideally encompassing other countries (Switzerland, Austria, Germany and Italy).

If I had all my wishes come true I’d find something which would enable me to travel/sleep mountain-hut-to-hut and avoid having to schlep around camping kit but I realise I’m asking a lot from one trip.

So…..does anyone have any ideas or experience of doing anything similar???

Anyone know of anyone who did something like this and have info about their trip?

Any and all help very much appreciated.

Cheers and Happy New Year, Gairy.

globalti
    Free Member

You’re on the wrong forum. Most of the riders on here are only interested in trail centres or day rides.

Go and ask on Cycle Chat, there are some serious tourers who post on there.

amt27
    Free Member

EWE

balfa
    Free Member

Considering something similar myself. There must be lots of options out there the ones that come to mind are;

GR5 – Geneva – Nice
    Chemin du Soleil

There has been a few threads on both on here.

gairym
    Free Member

hi all,

thanks for your responses.

re: globalti – thanks i’ve signed up over there too now.

re: amt27 – thanks also but i’m only looking in mainland europe/the alps as i’m based out here now although that event looks real good (maybe another time…..).

re: balfa – cheers for that will look into those options. i’ve just ordered a route book for the ‘The Albrecht-Route‘ and so i reckon one of those lot might yield what i’m after.

any more for any more….?

gairy.

flashes
    Free Member
    flap_jack
    Free Member

Nice (walking) GR5 book published by Ciccone. Someone on here’s done it

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Request for long-distance route ideas’ is closed to new replies.