Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Reportage – Goodridge on Formula the ones
  • LoveTubs
    Free Member

Granted this is probably three years out of date, but I wanted to feedback on a good experience.

Just checked the pads after 19 rides, consisting of Peak and x3 (different) trail centres. The front ones are worn but still way off changing, probable another 8-10 rides left; rear were just off the metal and required changing. Considering I went through a set of HFx9 factory pads in a day at the Brenin I’m more than happy with these results.

Also, anyone who’s been filled with dread regarding hose shortening and bleeding need not worry. I copied the ‘Yanks’ and made a jig (couple of scraps of 1×2) and it’s easier than falling off a log, the final touch being to open the reservoir by pulling the lever (just a little) and topping up (no need to blast over pressure, gentle is good – perfect.

Considering all of the above, and having ridden my mates new ride fitted with Hayes (white things) hydros that were utter sh!te by comparison – I now fully understand modulation (or a lack of in this case).

I hope this brings ‘closure’ for some ; if my brakes were stolen, I wouldn’t even look at another set.

I’d go as far as saying the front, with a 200, is too much!

Previous: Hayes HFX9, Hope mono mini 4 pots.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

…the sintered ones.

hilton83
    Free Member

+1 I love my the ones,had a couple of$hit rides with them lately and started looking at XTR brakes, dropped some new pads in on a whim and they were instantly transformed back to their former glory! you have so much control with them.

Do you have the FCS system fitted to yours? what exactly does it do, is it a form of pad contact adjustment?

The only complaint i have with mine is they are so difficult to set up the calliper position without having the slightest shim shim shim.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Reportage – Goodridge on Formula the ones’ is closed to new replies.