Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Replies Created
  • ratherbeintobago

i see this is still as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Please can we have the old view back that was a list what threads I’d replied to, and whether anyone else had replied since?

scaredypants

<[ Like ]>

CheesybeanZ

Just put them in favourites

ratherbeintobago

That could be a lot of threads…

DezB
    Free Member

sssshhhh…. GDPR work going on!

ratherbeintobago

And the notifications are a TAUWOFT as they tell you which forum someone has replied to, but not the thread.

This has to be a bug, surely?

scotroutes

Stop whinging!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It is what it is.

Like the “Continue to site” pop up that takes up half my screen, renders the site unusable on mobile, and simply will not go away. It’s what we’ve got, so that’s that.

ratherbeintobago

Still useless, no?

DezB
    Free Member

Still useless

Yes.

docgeoffyjones

It is what it is.

come on its not love island

ratherbeintobago

I don’t think I’m asking for much, just a return to the old ‘threads replied to’ list rather than every actual post, and notifications that link to the thread rather than the forum.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was paraphrasing another response to the same issue, Doc!

😀

DezB
    Free Member

I don’t think I’m asking for much

Well, I didn’t think so about a year ago. Now, I think you’re probably asking for the impossible.

ratherbeintobago

Was paraphrasing another response to the same issue, Doc!

Wasn’t one of mine by any chance?

Now, I think you’re probably asking for the impossible.

Aye, it’s made a big difference to usability though.

Wasn’t there a way of tagging other users when the ‘improvements’ came in, by the way?

twowheels
    Free Member

Yup the forum software here is dreadful. Considering the technical competence of users is generally high (good programmers, engineers, machinists etc) I am often surprised it is tolerated. Frankly, the skills on display in some the “stuff you built” posts is a league above the forum coding. It’s only the good community and generally positive feel that keeps me coming back really.

ratherbeintobago

It’s only the good community and generally positive feel that keeps me coming back really.

I’ve been here less, just because I find it much harder to keep track of which threads I’ve posted on. Other forums have a ‘subscribe thread’ option or equivalent, but unless it’s well-hidden?

scotroutes

I think you should just assume it’s never going to be fixed. Frankly, if I was responsible for the site I’d just remove it altogether as it’s an embarrassment the way it is.

ratherbeintobago

Wasn’t there a way of tagging other users when the ‘improvements’ came in, by the way?

@ then username, it turns out. No possibility for mischief at all.

I think you should just assume it’s never going to be fixed. Frankly, if I was responsible for the site I’d just remove it altogether as it’s an embarrassment the way it is.

The ‘Replies Created’ feature is certainly unusable. Are you suggesting removing it completely (or the forum :-P)?

scotroutes

LOL – I was meaning the “feature”

DezB
    Free Member

😆 Wipe it and start again (again)!

ratherbeintobago

Is the forum broken today, by the way? Can’t seem to post new threads.

wallop

Me neither.

fasthaggis

Oh No

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FRESH HAMSTERS, PLEASE!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Given the IT skills alleged to exist in here and the level of dissatisfaction with the functionality (or lack of), isn’t the answer pretty obvious?

simondbarnes

No idea. I stopped posting threads due to the notifications you get when someone replies to it.

bruneep

appears so……

ratherbeintobago

Given the IT skills alleged to exist in here and the level of dissatisfaction with the functionality (or lack of), isn’t the answer pretty obvious?

You might very well think that; I couldn’t possibly comment.

DezB
    Free Member

I stopped posting threads due to the notifications you get when someone replies to it.

What, in that (easily ignored) red blob??

Cougar

Seems so. It would’ve been handy if someone had actually reported it. I’ve flagged it up now, though I dunno how quickly it’s going to get looked at when it’s almost 5pm.

And yet, here we all are.

scotroutes

I’ve flagged it up now, though I dunno how quickly it’s going to get looked at when it’s almost 5pm.

As a free forum, can’t expect a quicker response.

bensales
    Free Member

I’m fairly certain the problem is that Singletrack can’t afford the IT skills of the forum posters.

scotroutes

It’s not like we’re all Middle Managers 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

It would’ve been handy if someone had actually reported it.

lol.

Cougar

I love how people refuse to spend two quid a month for a sub, openly boast about using ad-blockers, then complain that STW’s tech team are under-resourced.

Anyway, I’m told Tech are looking into this now. Seems it’s been borked since late last night and not a single poster thought to say anything.

rOcKeTdOg

I tried to post but thought I’d been banned for banality

ratherbeintobago

I tried to post but thought I’d been banned for banality

I wondered if it was a consequence of the moany email I sent the tech team about the Replies Created screen.😛

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Replies Created’ is closed to new replies.