Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replacing/Servicing Rear Shock
  • zerogreg
    Free Member

I need to get the rear shock on my bike serviced and looking at the costs of a service on my rear shock, it works out almost as cheap to just buy a new shock (2013 Fox Float CTD Evolution LV shock TFTuned Service with Push Tuning @ approx £150+P&P vs a brand new RockShox Monarch Plus shock @ £180)

Would it be worth servicing the shock or just going for a new one? if going for a new one is it simply a case of measuring the old shock and getting a replacement with the same dimensions? or is there more to it?

Greg

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

you would need the shock to be tuned for your bike too, not just the stroke length and e2e measurement. I looked into this myself and just got my shock serviced.

bigyinn
    Free Member

The thing is, Push tuning is an extra, not part of the service.
    Plus, unless the new shock has the right tune for your frame, you’ll have to get that tuned too.
    If your shock does what you want it to then just get it serviced. Send it to Loco and it’ll be around £90 for a clean and re-charge.

poah
    Free Member

your evolution shock can’t be pushed and where are you getting a brand new monarch plus for £150

poah
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member

The thing is, Push tuning is an extra, not part of the service.

When they push your shock they do a service. only costs 40-50 more on top of a service.

zerogreg
    Free Member

Poah didn’t realise I couldn’t push tune my shock! Brand new monarch plus from chain reaction is £179.99! I think I will just get the shock serviced then and see how it goes.

poah
    Free Member

jtech will tune the shock for £50 as its brand new. get the monarch plus and send it to jtech for a tune

bigyinn
    Free Member

@poah The OP hasnt said if they actually want their shock tuning, they were asking about servicing not tuning.
    Obviously if you’re going to get your shock tuned then a service should be part of that, not as an extra.

poah
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member

@poah The OP hasnt said if they actually want their shock tuning, they were asking about servicing not tuning

note the OP’s original post

TFTuned Service with Push Tuning @ approx £150

acidchunks

Basic services on a ctd evo is very easy (as long it doesn’t need anything fixed) Have a look at some of the how to guides online 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thread subject:-

Replacing/Servicing Rear Shock

First sentence:-

I need to get the rear shock on my bike serviced and looking at the costs of a service on my rear shock, it works out almost as cheap to just buy a new shock (2013 Fox Float CTD Evolution LV shock TFTuned Service with Push Tuning @ approx £150+P&P vs a brand new RockShox Monarch Plus shock @ £180)

No where is tuning mentioned UNTIL the pricing at TFT.

oddjob3000
    Free Member

My mate got a brand new Kashima Fox shock from Evans fork service place just last week and it was something daft like £150. Fox were clearing some stock and they bought a load.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Replacing/Servicing Rear Shock’ is closed to new replies.