Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replacing Seals on Rockshox Fork – Special Tool?
  • Premier Icon tomd

How important is it to use the special tool to seat the new seals? Planning on doing a service and change the seals while I’m at it. Can the new seals be carefully pushed in place or is the tool essential?

Thanks

Premier Icon prezet
    Free Member

I put mine in the freezer overnight beforehand, and they went in ok. Rub them in a bit of fork oil if they’re a little tight.

Premier Icon nbt
    Free Member

never used any special tools personally. IIRC I used a piece of PVC waste pipe…

Premier Icon schnor
    Free Member

A socket (that fits) will be fine and fork oil both outside and inside for the stanchions

Premier Icon monkeyboyjc

just use a large socket or PVC tube – i used the plastic tube from the hover and a wooden mallet – wife wasent best pleased….

Premier Icon kitebikeski
    Free Member

Where did you get the seals from – looking at doing mine, but TfT seem v expnsive for a few small seals

Premier Icon schnor
    Free Member

They’re expensive for what they are, £25 for 3 small bits of rubber / foam / plastic, but if forks are serviced regularly you can get two years from a set of seals. They are a very important part TBH, it could save you money in the long term 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Replacing Seals on Rockshox Fork – Special Tool?’ is closed to new replies.