Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replacing seals on Magura MT7 brakes?
  • markgraylish
    Free Member

Wondering whether anyone out there has had this problem and fixed the calipers…
    I was riding a VERY long, very steep trail in very hot weather and boiled my front brake. I saw fluid weeping from the front caliper and I’m assuming it’s weeping at seals.

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to strip down and rebuild the caliper?

Magura seem to sell seal kits but I’m not sure they are for the pistons…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

My experience of magura support in the UK tells me if you’re at all unsure, ask. They really are top notch.

Having blown a rear because I opened the wrong lever bleed port (muppet) up be honest and say its actually not seemed to be permanent damage. Beyond ruining the pads nothing else actually seems a problem in use.

markgraylish
    Free Member

So you’re suggesting just re-fill with oil, bleed and install new pads and everything should be good??

thols2

I would try just cleaning them up, refilling, and fitting new pads (or some old partly worn pads if you have them, just to try). Pretty good chance the seals are actually ok. It’ll be 30 minutes work, so worth a try.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

So you’re suggesting just re-fill with oil, bleed and install new pads and everything should be good??

Before I replaced the pads I’d top up/bleed and give them a run or two on something tame (they’re not going to stop you but the feel will be right out wrong) – no point ruining a second set if they immediately leak.
    Assuming no leaks clean everything replace pads (possibly rotor) and jobs a good un.

If they do leak contact magura.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Replacing seals on Magura MT7 brakes?’ is closed to new replies.