Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Replacing feeble Virgin router with 3rd party one and Ethernet to second router
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

So, bought a BT whole home mesh set up, by jove it’s good!. 10 mins set up, works flawlessly, no moving from network to network in different rooms, and full speed throughout the whole house.

Grand.

Superficial
    Free Member

If you’re having home Wifi problems, the router probably isn’t the problem. It’s probably the wireless AP (inside the same hardware). I realise that sounds massively pedantic, but you can buy additional wireless APs that perform much better than the AP inside all-in-one boxes. I’ve just bought a Ubiquity AP which seems great and eliminated my WiFi issues in a snap. Once you set this up you can turn off the Virgin kit’s Wifi – but still use it for routing. It’s pretty neat / nifty if you need to position them in different places with power-over-ethernet which means you only need one ethernet cable to the device. It looks neat.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ubiquiti-Networks-UAP-AC-LITE-Access-Point/dp/B016K4GQVG

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Replacing feeble Virgin router with 3rd party one and Ethernet to second router’ is closed to new replies.