Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replacing Drivetrain – So Difficult!
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Not actually experienced first hand how hard this is at the minute to get bike parts. Want to replace the chain and cassette on my main mountain bike and finding stock of a SRAM cassette and chain is nigh on impossible. I’d even consider a full replacement groupset but theres none of them (either SRAM or Shimano) knocking about as far as I can tell….

So does anyone know of anywhere with 11speed SRAM GX-spec chains and cassettes in or a full groupset? Only full groupsets I can find are the NX ones on CRC. Are they any good? £300 for a full 12speed groupset almost seems too cheap!

robbo1234biking

What cassette range are you looking for?

davros
    Free Member

One of the first links on Google?

GX 11

Also in stock at Rutland and CRC.

VanHalen

??? sunrace cassettes seem to be available at tweeks in 11sp? first hit on google for £55?? 11sp xt mech also in stock.

frogstomp

Sometimes easier to search by the part number.. GX 11 speed chain and cassette are PC-X1 and XG-1150 aren’t they? Plenty of in-stock options if you search for those..

alan1977
    Free Member

could probably use a deore 11 speed cassette also, if your mech can cover the larger gears. was the best bang for hte buck casette i could find a couple of months ago

Superficial
    Free Member

could probably use a deore 11 speed cassette also

Presumably you’d need to also change the freehub (SRAM XD driver vs Shimano) which would make it an expensive choice.

alan1977
    Free Member

ah my bad.. yes.. i had it in my head sram 11 speed was HG

joebristol

Those cassettes have gone up in price since I last bought one pre-Covid. But such is life right now. At least they last ages and ages because they’re all steel.

The X1 chain linked above is decent – they don’t surface rust like the cheapie one.

Sunrace make an Xd driver 10-46 cassette if you can find one. Tiny bit more range than the 10-40 but Sram 11 speed mechs should cope with it.

binners

Sunrace make an Xd driver 10-46 cassette if you can find one. Tiny bit more range than the 10-40 but Sram 11 speed mechs should cope with it.

It’ll work fine. I’m runnning a SRAM mech and sunrace 10-46, but you’ll need the Sunrace Linky thing. Get some Loctite too. They like coming loose, as I’ve found out yet again today

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.