Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replacing bushing in pedals?
  • retro83
    Free Member

Instructions say ‘special tools required’ to remove the bushing from superstar ultra-mags but no clues as to what this is!

Anyone know how it’s done? Replacing just the bearings didn’t fix the wobble 🙁

Thinking perhaps a washer with the sides filed off, trouble is it’s tiny! only about a cm across

any ideas?

PaulD
    Free Member

With Crank Bros eggies, use a 7/16″ drill by hand to engage the bush, then pretend it is a bottle of wine and pull the cork out.

If not Crankies, work out the drill size needed by trial/error.

PaulD

retro83
    Free Member

Cheers fella. They’re actually superstar ultramags, not eggies but i reckon I might be able to do a similar thing.

suppose the other thing i could do is wedge something sharp behind the split and try and force it open

jonba
    Free Member

Email superstar they gave me an answer for the nanos. It was a 10.8mm drift wide enough to hit the bushing but narrow enough to fir through the lip just infront of it.

If you google DMR bushing replacement they have a tool to do this that can be bodged from a BMX pedal axle. BAsically you srew it into the bushing as it is soft then pull it out. Again, only works if you have the right size thread/bolt.

Dobbo

As an aside, I’ve finally given up on eggies after years with them due to bushes/bearing wearing out and ending up with the beater coming off spindle. Giving XT a go now. The reason I carried on so long was that I had 3 sets of pedals and shoes that were compatible.

Just need to get that off my chest, I feel cleansed now. 8)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Replacing bushing in pedals?’ is closed to new replies.