Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replacing broken Oakley M-frames
  • elliot100
    Free Member

ISTR a belief that Oakley would replace broken out-of-warranty frames for a nominal fee.

Is this nonsense/was it true in the past/anyone recently done it?

Have a feeling I saw something about it on their website about a year ago, but not any more…

Cheers

jemima
    Free Member

http://uk.oakley.com/customer-care/customer-care-info

They still seem to do it. Think it was £13 or something last time I got a frame replaced outwith warranty.

elliot100
    Free Member

Cheers, giving it a go…

molgrips
    Free Member

I have some M frames for sale if you want…

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

What happened then? Any response yet? I had a Mumbo frame replaced with an M frame 5 years ago. However now that the M frame is no more the last thing I heard was that they give you a decent discount voucher for a new pair of current Oakleys. I have another broken Mumbo frame and want to ‘cash it in’. I expect I can loose all my len’s on ebay.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I bought some M frames in Florida in 1999. The broke a couple of years ago and after contacting Oakley UK the frame was replaced with the current model for a nominal fee, I think it was in the region of £20. My understanding is that you’re paying for some sort of extended warranty after the problem has occured.

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

Scrub my comment about the M-frame being discontinued. I have just found them alive and kicking on their site. Wahey.

From recollection the ‘handling fee’ for my replacement 5 years ago was £14.

Davesport

My Eye Jackets leg broke just at the junction where the rubber comfort piece starts. I sent them back to Oakley for assesment. What I recieved in return was a complete new frame & legs whith my old lenses fitted, FOC. These glasses were approx 5 years old at the time. Top service & I’d defo buy another set (if I was’nt so old) 👿

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Replacing broken Oakley M-frames’ is closed to new replies.