Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replacing a washing machine door seal (miele)
  • ackie
    Free Member

The door seal on our Miele Premium Plus w524 has finally gone and is leaking water everywhere.
    Just order a new door seal. Is this an easy job to fit or should I call in the professionals…

ta

Taff
    Free Member

My mate was a washing machine engineer and the hinge the latch had gone. he whipped it off with a screwdriver. There was just a metal loop at the front and I think that was pretty much it. Got to be a you tube how to somewhere

easygirl

It looks like a simple job
    But on mine you had to strip the machine, take the drum out to get to the seal

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    samuri
    Free Member

I’ve done a couple but I’m no professional. One was dead easy, one was a nightmare (took me about 2 hours, much swearing and some blood). As above, look for youtube videos for your machine to see how easy it is.(or not). Sometimes you have to take the entire front of the machine off.

lasty
    Free Member

Not tackled a miele but done everything else !!

Might mean removing the main front panel for better access but pretty simple once you get into it so to speak …

ackie
    Free Member

Just rang Miele £117 for call and 1hrs labour. Not including new door seal (which I’ve ordered anyway).
    Seems a bit steep will search t’internet for vids.

ta

Felofagen
    Free Member

It took me about 10 minutes to remove old and fit new – after watching a couple of utube videos. Trickyest bit was refitting the retaining spring on the drum side. Needed an extra pair of hands to hold one end in place whilst I went round and pushed the spring into place.

Pook

I did mine a fortnight ago. the front and top of the machine had to come off, but then it was just like changing a tight tyre. YouTube has good general guides.

+1 on the retaining spring being the hardest bit.

I’m a mechanical Muppet BTW.

ackie
    Free Member

Hmmm this the best I could find so far

http://www.instructables.com/id/Miele-W1611-Door-Seal-replacement-1/#intro

Although it’s not the Miele W524. Hopefully will be similar….

lasty
    Free Member

Thats about right price-wise for a manufacturer call out .
    Independant engineer should be around £40 but higher if youre in the south … 🙄

Try looking on UKWHITEGOODS for a local engineer if you decide to go down that route but dont be put off having a go yourself, its not rocket science – the step by step guide you found is pretty good although a top tip would be to get a helping hand when refitting the retaining spring as they can be a bit troublesome trying to wiggle it on and stop it jumping off at the same time ….
    Hope this helps

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Replacing a washing machine door seal (miele)’ is closed to new replies.