Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replacement windscreen without glass cover ?
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Imminent mot failure on the van wrt te windscreen

Needs replacing . Has lots of fine scratches in the drivers view From an iced up wiper blade. Tried a few tricks to clean the crack/ blend it in . Its no worse but its not improved enough.

Googled and everywhere just wants me to book to get a quote.

Its a peugeot partner 06 shape.

d4
    Free Member

I was quoted about £100 at Budget windscreens to replace a front screen on a 98 VW Golf. Was a couple of years ago. Chip keeps going through MOT’s so never got round to having it done.

Pook

need money fast? get a pay day loan at only 2694% apr typical!

…..

or try a breakers yard. I got a replacement 206 door once for £20, and found a garage to fit it for £30

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Breakers is where I’d go!

nealglover
    Free Member

The Partner has a bonded windscreen so can be a pain to remove without breaking the glass.

Still worth a try at the breakers

BigJohn

Worth checking your insurance. Windscreen cover and glass cover are 2 different things

trail_rat
    Free Member

ill double check the insurance.

not going to the breakers as A i have no idea how to get a bonded screen out and B i have no time

maccruiskeen

try yell.com rather than google and phone around – steer away from the big names, they inflate their prices to make the ‘cover’ people have through their insurance look useful. I got a new windscreen fitted on my sprinter for less than the windscreen excess on my policy. I tend to buy pretty high milage vans (250k plus) so one of the first things I do is replace the windscreen as they have thousands of tiny pits from road chips which glare in peoples headlights

Need to shop around for one myself just now for my wee astra van actually – previous owner did that thing where you de-mist the screen with the back of your hand….. wearing a diamond ring.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Replacement windscreen without glass cover ?’ is closed to new replies.