Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replacement window question .
  • oldfart

Just found out today lounge bay windows deaded !! How do i get a quote without enduring the usual smarmy over aftershaved slime balls who won’t take NO for an answer? Tried on line quotes no dice want my details so Mr Sleaze bag can call round.

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

Just give a local glazier a bell. Ive just had a new plastic one 1800 X 1200 with toughened glass for £210 (not a bay tho)

rickmeister

Go local not national.. avoid Everest.. Anglican et al. See your local word of mouth referenced chippy.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Agreed – local carpenter and get decent wood ones.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Where are you?

oldfart

Why avoid Everest Anglian etc HUGELY overpriced ?

oldfart

bear uk Somerset.

oldfart

T.J Going PVCU to match rest plus had enough of wood thanks.

bear-uk
    Free Member

To far for me to travel.
    Just go for a couple of local firms, or if there are any window trade places around your area.

jam-bo

I had some good work done by notaro from bridgewater.

transporter13
    Free Member

Sorry to bear bad news but replacing a bay is the most expensive/hardest window to replace.

They have to be measured accurately as no 2 bays are the same.I.e the angles are different/each side could be different lengths.
    The removal and fitting isnt straight forward either as whilst removing, the bay has to be supported(usually by acros) so as not to collapse.
    It also depends on how high the start of the glass is from the floor as to whether you will need toughened glass(under 800mm = more expense)

Been out of the game for a few years but I personally hated doing bays.

I would also use a decent local chippy as they usually take more pride in their work(not thrashing around and leaving untold amount of mess everywhere and taking shortcuts because they are paid by the day…not for a good job done

hope this helps a little

oldfart

jambo and trans 13 thanks for info .

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Replacement window question .’ is closed to new replies.