Replacement Rim for Roval Traversee

Home Forum Bike Forum Replacement Rim for Roval Traversee

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replacement Rim for Roval Traversee
  • Premier Icon iain1775
    Subscriber

Roval rim IS a Stans 355
    (I think Stans even took Spesh to court in US over the design)

enmac

I have managed to crack the rim of my Roval Traversee wheels so am looking for a replacement. The problem is the hub only takes 28 spokes. There seems to be a very limited number of rims with 28 holes, the best I could find were DT Swiss 4.1D or Stans 355. These are really lightweight xc rims and I would rather have something a bit more robust and preferably UST. Any suggestions?

enmac

I don't think it is a direct copy of a 355. Uses similar technology hence the court case, but I am pretty sure the Roval is a bit wider.

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

Yes they're not actually the same, they employ the same 'bead socket technology' which Stan's got miffed about!

Talk to Spesh warranty, may be able to just get another rim, or get a wheel on crash replacement.

DM52

Bontrager do a 28 spoke Rhythm (£40 last time I bought one), you would also need to buy the rim strip. Personally I get on with them fine and I am no the lightest rider around.

I was in a similar position when I broke my Bonty race light rim, lucky for me the Rhythms seemed like a natural upgrade.

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

To be honest, the bigger issue is that you'll need straight pull spokes, which are a) very hard to come by, b) a bugger to build on and c) because of a) and b) they are rather expensive!

A new front wheel will likely be cheaper and certainly less hassle than a different rim and new spokes.

geetee1972

You can get replacement rims from Spesh for about £50. I never got around to doing it but my LBS contacted spesh directly and confirmed that this was possible. They even had stock in at the time, although this was a few months ago now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Rim for Roval Traversee’ is closed to new replies.