Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replacement Pads – Uberbike / Superstar ???
  • rpallen
    Free Member

I’m after some replacement pads (Formula R1).

But not bought non-OEM before – so what are the best of the cheaper variety?

Uberbike & Superstar ok? Much of a muchness?

Many thanks.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I like the Uberbike ones, their Race Matrix pads actually do what they say (long life and almost organic pad style poewr).

eddie11
    Free Member

Always found superstar pads absolutely fine but there new website is sloooooooow.

However, in the past their pads (and subsequent customer service) have let a number of people down so they have baggage on here.

proutster
    Free Member

Until 3 months ago I’d used Superstars sintered pads for 3 years with no problems and had been entirely happy with them.

I wonder if something’s changed though, because after fitting new formula 1-piece discs I was plagued by horrible noise and weak power from both an existing set and a newly fitted set of S/S sintered pads.

I’ve now swapped to the Uberbike Race Matrix pads and all is good again.

Northwind

I didn’t get on with the race matrixes, they worked really well for a few rides but just shat the bed completely in the alps, really inconsistent from one stop to the next. So they went in the bin, fired in some of my normal kevlar pads which were fine.

scruff
    Free Member

Northwind, do you think they just glazed over? I put some Race Matrix on the DH bike last night.

pk13

I went with uber in the end. the race matrix flavour, I’m no down hill jockey and they seem just fine so far.

Northwind

It wasn’t exactly like I’m used to with glazing- more inconsistent and always changing. But it did feel similar at times. I think the main thing was, they weren’t getting used any different from the pads I replaced them with or the pads I’d used in previous years and none of those misbehaved.

I liked them for the more local rides I did mind. I like Uber in general, they seem to do the job Superstar do, without being Superstar, which is all I really want 🙂

muddy247
    Free Member

Just received some pads from Uberbike for my Formula R1’s- can’t fault them for the money- ordered Monday morning on flee bay and received yesterday

downhilldave

Had Formula R1’s on my Turner. Best pad I tried was Aztec sintered,last forever,little noise wet or dry.Freeborn has deals on five sets. Would still use them now but not available for my Xo trails. Have Uberbike race matrix in at the mo and they seem fine.

Tracey

Been using the race matrix from Uberbike for over a year now on all of our bikes. No problems with them. Get used most of the time in the Peak and two weeks last year in Verbier. Bought some more for this years trip.

Yetiman
    Free Member

I recently tried some Uberbike Race Matrix pads after seeing a glowing write-up on here, but I don’t think I’ll buy them again. The performance is fine, fitted to Formula R0’s, but they aren’t any better than the cheaper kevlar Superstar pads they replaced. I also had to take a Stanley knife to them to trim the edges of the pad so the spring clip would fit, as some of the pad material and glue was spread over the backing plates. It might just have been a bad batch though, considering a lot of people on here seem to rate them, but I’ll probably stick with Superstar sintered and kevlar pads.

smett72

Been using Uberbike Kevlar (Elixir) for a few months now and so far, so good.

rpallen
    Free Member

Thanks. Have just ordered 4x Uberbike Sintered.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Pads – Uberbike / Superstar ???’ is closed to new replies.