Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replacement Octavia floor mat
  • MoreCashThanDash

Peak STW I fear…..

My heel has worn a hole in the “official” Octavia floor mat on the drivers side – can anyone recommend somewhere on line that might be able to do me just the one replacement mat – the others are all fine – preferably with a little extra heel protection.

Google throws up lots of “carmats4U.com” type businesses, which may be legit or may be linked to that Nigerian prince who used to email me

Thanks

Pierre

IIRC https://briskoda.net/ is a good place to ask. I haven’t replaced my Octavia’s mats yet but ages ago ordered some from Amazon for the floor of a Honda and they were utter rubbish.

z1ppy

I’d be interested in the results, as I’ve done the same on my yeti’s drivers floor mat.

BadlyWiredDog

I don’t know about buying an individual mat, but I’ve bought two sets of the Hitceh rubber car mats from Calibre Auto Parts on eBay and they’ve reassuringly robust, well-made, model-specific, no-nonsense rubber mats that fit well ime – one set for a Golf, one for a Corrado. Reasonably priced too.

They do carpet ones as well, but I have no idea how good those are:

http://www.calibreautoparts.com/products.php

MoreCashThanDash

Thanks for the comments

martymac

I’ve had (in 2 different cars) michelin heavy duty rubber mats that I bought from costco.
    They are really good, after 4 years in the first car they barely looked worn.

bensongd
    Free Member

Skoda dealer for genuine at a guess?
    Could try somewhere like tps Derby, they supply oe and genuine vag parts.

jond
    Free Member

When we bought a rubber set (and boot liner) to swap out the carpet mats in the OH’s car, we bought them online from a Czech Republic skoda parts dealer – ‘fraid I cant recall who, but even with shipping it was a good saving (well, before Brexit’s effect on the exchange rate). Separate mats ? – not sure that’s a thing unless it’s a van.
    3rd party mats generally seem to be pretty poor IME, so I’ve repaired the wear patches on hers with black shoogoo – doesn’t look fantastic, but it’s tidy – it’s not as if you look at it much – and it’s actually worked really well. Apply fairly thickly then cover with clingfilm (and pref heavy book etc) to get a decent finish, it builds up in layers if you can’t (almost certainly) do it all in one go. Make sure you give it a few days to cure before refitting.

globalti
    Free Member

I’ve got some wood-effect vinyl offcuts left from a bathroom project, they would look lovely cut to shape.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

dare I ask, why is this peak STW? is there a coffee snob sitting next you as you drive and wear a hole in the mat?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Octavia floor mat’ is closed to new replies.