Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • replacement laptop battery – go OEM or 3rd party?
  • snowpaul
    Free Member

Hi all,

my laptop is in need of a new battery – its a compaq – ebay shows some decemt prices – OEM is double or so the peice – worth it or not?

cheers

paul

RichJJ
    Free Member

OEM. Have now bought batteries for two different laptops and both were via ebuyers and as you say, half the price. One word, CRAP. They are fine to start with but before too long you will get an hour from them.

tandemwarriors

Bought a replacement battery for my Acer laptop from Ebay. Rubbish. Laptop wouldn’t even boot up properly, yet with a new OEM battery it worked perfectly
    And I don’t think it’s just laptop batteries either, bought a replacement for my Blackberry from eBay and that’s rubbish too.
    OEM every time.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I’ve seen so many cheap batteries go bang! OEM every time, I always budget in a spare when I buy the laptop and keep it till I need it.

TooTall
    Free Member

Just to balance out the rabid replies – 3rd party every time. Find a UK seller with a good reputation and use them rather than from overseas. 3rd party for the laptop I’m typing this on and for my mobile – both very good, no trouble, better performance than I had before. Battery technology has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years so better performance and improved safety are much easier to achieve. Back it with a good UK seller and odds are in your favour.

nedrapier

New Trent from Amazon. I know of three Dell replacements which are doing well years later, not exploding at all. Check the reviews…

fubar
    Free Member

[Reported above post as spam]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘replacement laptop battery – go OEM or 3rd party?’ is closed to new replies.