Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replacement Laptop Battery Brands/Sites
  • convert

Any recommendations for sources of replacement batteries? Need to replace the one in my elderly macbook pro again. Last one (bought on Amazon) was not great. Ta

jam-bo

i think there is only one way to guarantee a good battery, and that is suck it up and buy one from apple. otherwise its a bit of a lottery.

Cougar

Anker make very good after-market batteries for all manner of things. Dunno if they do fruit-based ones though.

Avoid places like Chinese knock-offs on ebay unless you’re into small electrical fires.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

[for future reference]

I’ve never had an aftermarket battery for anything that’s been as good as OEM. Interesting suggestion on Anker. The other issue on anything other than OEM (from a reputable supplier) is the how many fakes there are around – if Anker have any sort of reputation i’d bet there’s fake anker stuff about….

BadlyWiredDog

I bought a replacement MBP battery from Replace Base – https://www.replacebase.co.uk – it’s been okay in a battery sort of way. Hasn’t exploded. Seems to hold charge. I got the one which is claimed to be OEM quality. Anything with any sort of premium reputation was silly money, like as much as the apple genuine thing.

I asked the same question here btw. No recommendations from anyone. Anyway.

BadlyWiredDog

ps: the branded replacement battery that came up as a good call repeatedly when I was looking was the NewerTech NuPower one, but you’re looking at something around £100 for that, at which point you’re almost at genuine apple price levels, which I think is around £130.

convert

Thanks all.

So with Apple – I assume you have to go there to get the replacement, not just buy online? Allergic to shops and not sure I can be arsed to do the 60 mile round trip to an apple store.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Been using duracelldirect.co.uk for replacements at work. so far so good.

scuttler

I ordered a third-party / aftermarket for a Dell XPS laptop from this lot 2.5 years back and it’s still holding charge very well. I’d definitely consider using them again.

http://laptopsandspares.com/

There’s no way I’d buy from ebay/amazon unless it was the shopfront of a store/supplier I recognised. Definitely not 123ezybaterrees.

convert

I’ve ordered from duracelldirect – mainly because I had a girlfriend in my yoof that went by the name ‘DB’ (for Duracell Bunny) and any reference to Duracell now makes me smile.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Laptop Battery Brands/Sites’ is closed to new replies.