Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replacement hose for Goodridge (on M785 XT brake)
  • nemesis
    Free Member

I need a longer hose on my rear M785 disc. It’s currently got Goodridge hose and alloy fittings.

I can obviously buy a complete kit or Goodridge hose at £12 per metre but there are alternative hoses out there (SSC, uberbike, etc) that are a lot cheaper and I’m wondering if any of them are properly compatible.

As far as I can tell, Goodridge mtb kits are Goodridge 600-02 hoses which are 5.5mm outside diameter and 2.0mm inner.

Several alternatives are 5.5mm (or 5mm which is what you get when you remove the Goodridge outer plastic as you’re supposed to) but inner diameter is either not stated or 2.4mm and possibly therefore not giving a reliable seal.

Real world experiences very welcome 🙂

coatesy
    Free Member

Hope’s braided hose is the same, far cheaper than £12 per metre as far as I remember though.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Crc were doing goodridge hose for £2 a month ago. So I got 6m, that ought to do me for ever.

scotroutes

The last time I fitted Goodridge hoses the recommendation was NOT to strip the outer plastic. That might mean they’ve changed the size of the fittings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Replacement hose for Goodridge (on M785 XT brake)’ is closed to new replies.