Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replacement for Shimano 5600 compact chainset
  • swdan
    Free Member

I need to replace my 5600 chainset. I’ve tried looking at replacing the rings and think I need 110 bcd but I get a bit lost in the options.

My preference would be a new chainset but with 5600 being several iterations old I can’t get them. Does anyone know if the newer 11 speed stuff is compatible? Ideally I’d like 50/34 with 175 cranks.

Alternatively does anyone know of other options? I have been holding out for a whole new groupset so been replacing bits bit by bit but I still can’t afford it at the moment

simondbarnes

FC-5600 used 130bcd rings
    FC-5650 used 110bcd rings – the 5700 50 & 34t rings will work fine

You can replace the chainset with Tiagra 4700, R7000, R8000 without any problems.

swdan
    Free Member

Thanks simondbarnes. I measures the bolt spacing at approx 65mm c-c and a table I found said that was 110bcd so I guess I must have 5650 then. The bike groupset is becoming a bit triggers broom due to availability. I’ll have a look and see what I can find!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Any reason not to replace chainrings only?

swdan
    Free Member

To be honest, I can’t find an obvious compatability chart. I also prefer (probably for no real reason) to stay in brand and I can’t confidently say I can find the right ones

swdan
    Free Member

I’m an idiot, just been out to have another look at the bike and I have 5700 on the bike already and 172.5 crank arms!
    Not that it solves the problem but I was googling the wrong thing earlier

cookeaa

I have 5700 in “Standard” 130BCD flavour and replaced the rings with Stronglight from Spa Cycles rather than Pukka Shimano, they’ve been going well for ages, not shifting ramps so might not suit if you are picky about slick, smooth front shifting…

But There’s certainly little point in replacing the inner ring with a shimano ring, there’s no pick up features or ramps to help with shifting on a 34t, you might want a shimano 50t for the shifting ramps though.

Try banging: “shimano 5750 chainrings 110 bcd 50t” into google, there are a few about, none of them particularly cheap. RS500 series rings might well be very similar also.

swdan
    Free Member

Cheers all, after realising my mistake getting 5600 and 5700 mixed up I’ve managed to find some replacement 5700 rings from Balfes cycles local to my office. They even had them in stock so picked them up at lunchtime and will hopefully have a go at fitting them this evening.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.