Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Replacement for DT Swiss 12 x 135 rear axle?
  • Mugboo

Anybody know where can get a replacement? Got back from the Lakes to find my lever missing.. Add to that my shifter falling apart and my shock giving up the ghost, it was an expensive weekend 🙁

sugdenr
    Free Member

crappy DT levers.
    Im thinking of trying the novatec ones – only source I can find is cyclingdeal.au though…

Mugboo

Yep, spotted that, do you know much about them?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member
    Mugboo

NOTE- Does not replace maxle type axles

That’s a bit confusing!

Mugboo

Emails sent to Novatec & Superstar

tony07
    Free Member

I’m not sure about the dt Swiss axles but if they’re the same as the maxle axle then the superstar won fit. The thread pitch is different. Betd do an intense axle that suitably replaces a maxle axle.

Mugboo

Ta, emailed them too.

Mugboo

Superstar, BETD & CRC are all a no.

Emailed Nukeproof.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Is it definitely 12×135? according to their website DT Swiss don’t do a 12×135 thru axle.
    http://www.dtswiss.com/Components
    Sure it’s not 10×135 or something
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/dt-swiss-rws-thru-bolt-alloy/rp-prod81162

akira

What bike is it off?

Simon

Nukeproof Mega

Dango
    Free Member

http://www.nukeproof.com/products/frames/mega-am

Rear axle: 135mm/142mm x 12mm (142mm as standard)

Simon

It’s from a few years ago, not the current one.
    I’m sure Mugboo will be along soon…

Mugboo

Thanks Simon. Yep original Nukeproof Mega.

Cheers Dango, so they use a nut rather than the thread in the dropout?

Ta Paul, I’ll email Madison & have a chat with Barry Firth, he might be able to order one. I might yet be able to fashion a lever on to axle, it’s just that that’s gone AWOL.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’m suspecting that (as per Dango) it’ll turn out to be one the these axle designs that are now advertised as 12×142, because that’s what the manufacturer currently sells as a hub/dropout/axle system. The 135/142 dimension is the internal dropout measurement, but all of them are 150 external dropout measurement. It almost doesn’t matter about 135/142, it’s the design of the end bits, Syntace X-12 design, Sram Maxle design, E-Thru, camming action of axle, thread length of axle, external dropout inserts and/or machining, threaded dropout(X-12). I’m thinking it could be E-Thru, it looks to me like E-Thru is everyone elses version on the Sram Maxle, the fact that they all state 12×142 for E-Thru might be a red herring as that’s just Hub and internal dropout design. I might be wrong tho.

Mugboo

Let’s see what Madison & Nukeproof say. As you say, it’s only 7mm difference…

Mugboo

Madison say I can order it through my LBS. Barry will sort me out. Cheers one & all.

Mugboo

£35 from LBS for a new DT Swiss one.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Replacement for DT Swiss 12 x 135 rear axle?’ is closed to new replies.