Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replacement for a reverb
  • tall_martin

New ish reverb has gone spongey.

It was a replacement for a reverb that leaked at the lever, been services, had a new house, was bled repeatedly…

I though the newer one would be more reliable. I could get it serviced/ replaced under warranty and it will probably be fine. I’ve just lost the will to fix it again.

My mates told me not to get a reverb, they were right.

So once I’ve got it sorted, what to replace it with?

It’s 30.9mm and 200mm drop.

Thanks.

danti

Brand X Ascend XL

a11y

Brand X Ascend XL

+1, end of discussion.

Unless you’re tight for stack height, in which case OneUp. I’ve only ever used Brand X droppers for the past 5or so years since sacking off my Reverbs. Never looked back, never had an issue. Currently 200mm versions on 3 bikes.

johnjn2000

PNW Loam has further adjustment to the drop if you are inbetween sizes, and they are very reliable.

tall_martin

Thanks!

That’s the same post I was recommended by my mate each time I’ve had to do a whole ride stood up 🙄

stevextc
    Free Member

That’s the same post I was recommended by my mate each time I’ve had to do a whole ride stood up

Any cable one will work and they all work the same it’s not like suspension where “quality” really matters….

Fox are a bit shit and expensive and fall apart.
    Thomson are really well built BUT expensive and feel the same in use and you have to pay more than a brand X for a service.

Brand X are cheap, feel the same in use and dirt cheap and easy to service when they finally need one. The whole cartridge can be replaced for £30 or so .. and seal and keys are about a tenner… (its ridiculously easy to service as well)

The levers are a bit crap but useable but I eventually sprung for ZTTO ones..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.