Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replacement flat roof cost
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

I a fairly small flat roof that sits between 2 pitched roofs.

It is about 5m x 1m.

Just had a quote to strip it out, replace the OSB and replace with a GRP roof.

Initial quote is £2000. Does that sound about right?

Seems quite steep to me.

dannybgoode

Sounds about right to me if done right. We had a roof similar length but a couple of meters wide and it was £3500 for a full strip and reboard then grp

jim25

20 year life span, £100 a year.
    Not bad.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dti

Depends how fiddly ,
    If its a simple rectangle then £400 sqm is expensive .
    If it means scaffold corners and fiddly details and vat then not far off.

joeegg
    Free Member

3 metre by 4 metre roof cost me £1200.Extra insulation,new boards and covered in the rubberised stuff.No problems 3 years on.

CHB

Just had my mums done. 3m x6m flat roof with no fiddly bits. Roofer stripped back to rafters. Lined with OSB, membrane, 50mm foam insulation, more OSB and topped with 425gsm fibreglass. That cost £1600. I also had new fascias and gutters done which added £380 to the job, so £1980 all in. I had another quote for £2400 for similar. So unless yours is fiddly then it sounds expensive.

tinribz
    Free Member

Wickes used to have that self adhesive under and top felt. I did a garage roof with that on top of new marine ply a few years ago over a dry weekend. Fairly sure it worked out well under £500.

petec
    Free Member

Just had one done in proper felt that was 3.2m x 10m. It was £1980, + VAT. Usual guarantees. https://www.newburyroofing.com/ – not exactly someone who took it up last week.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Does is need it?

Had one that “needed doing” by request of a potential buyer. A roofer said couldn’t tell until the felt was ripped up. Did that, nothing wrong with it, nor was the felt really in need. New felt as a result for a couple of hundred. Nice but that wasn’t needed either. Buyer didn’t go through anyway (complex situation, not my buyer, but the detail is too boring).

nosedive
    Free Member

If the boards are sounds underneath the felt you could just buy the rubber stuff from screwfix and paint it on. Would cost £200 -£300 for that area. Did my garage roof last year with it. Easy but messy job

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Replacement flat roof cost’ is closed to new replies.