Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replacement Dropper Post (Trek Fuel 18.5)
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

Fed up with my Bontrager Drop Line and its continued faliures!

I managed to squeeze the 150mm Bontrager dropper in to my frame, but it does rest againt the bend in the frame on my Trek with its stupid curves!!!

Looking at the Fox Transfer as an option and think it has a pretty similar insert length, but the bottom where the cable goes in looks longer and a bit wider so I dont think the 150mm will fit so might have to go 125mm.

The Reverb is another option. The insert length is the same looking at a chart I found online and because the cable is central and quite narrow this might make it further in the frame.

I’m not sure its wise to have it resting on the bend in the frame but guess it doesnt do any harm?

Anyone with an 18.5 Trek Squeezed the above in?

wooderson

The OneUp dropper has a very short stack and a reasonable insertion length. The upshot being I can get a 150mm drop on my T130 where the original Reverb could only drop 125mm.

Also with the shim avavilable you can tweak the travel to to custom fit your bike and max saddle height – such a great idea!

There a whole thread on them, with quite a few now on STWer’s bikes

jayx2a
    Free Member

Cheers for that! £185 with the Sram remote from UBYK seems decent price?

So if the 150mm is too short I can shim it down as far as 100mm?

Remote looks pretty nice – cheaper than a Wolf Tooth too.

Pre-order at UBYK though, will order one at that price and keep the Bontrager wobbling away until it arrives!

jayx2a
    Free Member

Riders Guild have stock but it’s £200 there with remote. Depends how soon I want one I guess!!!

wooderson

STW 10% off at Ubyk too. That where I got mine

wooderson

Oh and the shim for adjusting travel is extra!

moose
    Free Member

Get it! I have had three dropper, the OneUp is by far the best with zero issues.

jayx2a
    Free Member

150mm (Tuneable to 100mm)
    31.6mm
    Sram MatchMaker Remote
    Dropper Post Shim (To Adjust Travel)

£175.49

Cheers guys!

Edit – order now placed.

jayx2a
    Free Member

One up arrived. Didn’t need the shim as was pretty much a perfect fit!

hardly any side play compared to the Bontrager. Very solid up and down clunks. Just got to be more sensitive with how tight the seat post clamp is.

Remote is nice, sram match maker position is much better than the wolf tooth. Bravo all round!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Dropper Post (Trek Fuel 18.5)’ is closed to new replies.