Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replacement conservatory roof…
  • curvature
    Free Member

Current roof has polycarbonate panels, it looks horrible and is rather loud when it rains.

I went to a friends house and he has a glass roof and along with the plastered walls really did look good.

Has anyone replaced the polycarbonate roof with a glass version? I’m interested in knowing costs and wether you think it was worth the money.

Ideally I would knock the conservatory down and build an extension but this may be a lower cost alternative.

tinribz
    Free Member

Was thinking of putting a kind of false ceiling up in mine, bit of batten, insulation and plaster board. Considered / Anyone done that? Would be easier,less noisy and temperature extreme than glass surely?

curvature
    Free Member

It would be cheaper but my mate’s last night really changed my opinion of them, it just felt so much more like a romm rather than an add on.

restless
    Free Member

Was thinking of putting a kind of false ceiling up in mine, bit of batten, insulation and plaster board. Considered / Anyone done that? Would be easier,less noisy and temperature extreme than glass surely?

Yes I have exactly the same done on my conservatory.
    It made a massive difference with the temperatures, kept it more stable and also reduced the noise.

curvature
    Free Member

Restless – can you post some pictures or email to me please?

restless
    Free Member

I can’t now as not home this week, but i can describe it!

My conservatory is hardwood, lean to style 6m by 3m.
    We put rigid foil backed insulation panels, cut to size, inbetween the wooden roof beams, not attached with anything as they hold themselves in place.
    Then batons put up across the roof beams to attach the plasterboard to.

I think the oblong style of mine made it easier to do.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Replacement conservatory roof…’ is closed to new replies.