Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replacement Bearings for a Hope 30mm threaded bottom bracket
  • Beagleboy

My 2 year old Hope BB has started making a clicking noise under load. Well, it’s either that or my knee. I’m happy to pop the old pair of bearings out and pop a new pair in. What a price though? £20 a bearing if I go for the Hope branded option!!

Are these S71806 bearings specific to Hope, or is it a generic 30mm bearing? Anyone know of any alternative brands, of decent quality, but not quite so eye-watering expensive?

Cheers

C.

Woodentop
    Free Member

Pretty sure they are Stainless 71806 Enduro bearings, have a look Kinetic Bike Bearings website, Stainless Enduro bearings aren’t cheap.
    You could fit the non stainless version tho.

mrpeaski
    Free Member
    simondbarnes

Any good?

Other than being even more expensive? 🙂

NewRetroTom
    JonEdwards
    Free Member

Based on my experience with the 24mm versions, they do get crap in them over time. Give them a good clean and a regrease and they work quite happily again. (oh, and replace the outer seal if that’s worn too).

We’ve got at least 4 of them in the house, possibly 1 or 2 more. I think the newest is 6 years old, the oldest maybe 10. All are on the original bearings.

mrpeaski
    Free Member

@ simondbarnes It lists a couple of alternatives at the bottom of the page, which I was suggesting.

Should have said in my original reply

DT78
    Free Member

Anyone seen any decent prices on the ceramic versions?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

just for future reference, the Hope 30mm bearings are 42 x 30 x 7mm, which is the same size as BB30 bearings, so you can buy them on ebay for a few quid.

The Enduro SS bearings are about £20 each (see Kinetic bearings or direct from Hope)

Airevelo bearings on ebay sell aftermarket SS bearings for £8 each

And you can get std bearings for as low as £2.50 each on ebay

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Bearings for a Hope 30mm threaded bottom bracket’ is closed to new replies.