Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replacement Batteery Charger for 4 x 18650 Light Pack. 4000mAH
  • skybluestu
    Free Member

Hi,

My cheapo 3 pin charger I sourced a year ago started to melt itself then blew yesterday.
    looking for a decent replacement. Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers

jeffl

MTB Batteries sell chargers.

nickjb
    Free Member

I got mine from torchy via his ebay shop (although he doesn’t have them listed at the mo)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fluxient-2A-charger-for-Torchy-Magicshine-Solar-Storm-etc-/121755002324?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

MTB batteries +1

Mines been fine (although so have my chinese ones and they look identical except the MTB batteries one is twice the power).

If you don’t already, Li-charging bags and a sturdy metal box are good ideas even with UK chargers. At events where battery charging is common (Rc cars, planes etc) it’s usually a rule that they’re used because even ‘proper’ stuff blows up form time to time.

tillydog
    Free Member

…even ‘proper’ stuff blows up from time to time

Some background reading (and pictures of fire…):

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20150014486.pdf

skybluestu
    Free Member

Blimey, even after all that investigation the best they can get to is mega smoke rather than mega fire action!

Note to self, never let a charger out of sight.

tillydog
    Free Member

Blimey, even after all that investigation the best they can get to is mega smoke rather than mega fire action!

Pretty much. It represents a change of approach from “we’ll buy the best batteries, so it never happens” to “Even if we buy the best batteries it could still happen, so let’s manage it”

It was the Boeing ‘Dreamliner’ battery fires that prompted the change of approach, btw.

It *should* be possible to design a charger that doesn’t burst into flames though!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Batteery Charger for 4 x 18650 Light Pack. 4000mAH’ is closed to new replies.