Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replaced bb and now chainline off
  • cubist
    Free Member

So I replaced the creaky seam gxp bb with a nice shiny new Hope one. It’s a 73mm shell. I have the gxp converter on the non drive side and one 2.5mm spacer on the drive side. Now the chain guide is rubbing in gears 1-4.

The chain guide has no washers or spacers so it’s as close in as it can get. If I stick a second 2.5mm spacer in to move my chsinring out a bit will I cause any issues?

benpinnick

Don’t do it. The hope conversion is about 1mm wider on the nds than a Gxp. If it works it works, if it doesn’t you can’t fix it. Try a different chain device if you want to stick with it?

EDIT: or add a couple of 1mm washers to the lower 2 bolts assuming it’s isg05- that will move the top guide in a bit. It won’t effect performance

benpinnick

I should add though you might be able to shim out the Bb a bit but the Gxp needs the NDS side to sit within a small range of left right movement, so you can’t do much.

cubist
    Free Member

Thanks. I’ll try bending the guide a bit and see if I can give myself a bit more space. Failing that I’ll have to try a different one.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Replaced bb and now chainline off’ is closed to new replies.