Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Repeatedly Returning Faulty Goods When you Bought them Knowing they are Faulty.
  • outofbreath
    Free Member

I’ve found some excellent Chinese Headphones I use for running/biking/pottering. They are advertized as water resistant headphone for running.

They are great but after a few months sweat/rain get to them and the power switch ceases to funtion. There’s a year gaurentee so Amzon give me an immediate refund which I use to buy an identical pair from the same seller.

I’m on the 5th cycle of this now. It works for me, in exchange for a walk to the post office every 2-3 months I have an endless supply of new free headphones that I like.

Am I doing anything immoral?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Other than killing the planet, no.

Del

Immoral? You’re using them for the purpose for which they’re described useful, so I’d say not.
    Wasteful? Different question.

bonobo
    Free Member

Immoral? Yes.
    Wrong? erm, it’s not illegal at least.

Drac

Excellent and breaking after a few months don’t go together. Morally if you’re happy producing landfill from items made from cheap labour, no.

kerley
    Free Member

Well you are using Amazon plus buying a Chinese product that may or may not be made by a company with dodgy human and working rights

Stainypants

Welcome to the world of x box controllers. after going through their inital 5. We’ve bought 2 with a 3 year no-quibble guarantee from curries. They always go at the audio connection we bought child 3 one a month ago a he’ll in on his third.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Ooooh! got a link to headphones?
    Purely for being able to avoid them obvs…

outofbreath
    Free Member

Ooooh! got a link to headphones?
    Purely for being able to avoid them obvs…

Well you are using Amazon plus buying a Chinese product that may or may not be made by a company with dodgy human and working rights

Hmmm, hadn’t considered this.

Other than killing the planet, no.

Hmmm, hadn’t considered this.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Repeatedly Returning Faulty Goods When you Bought them Knowing they are Faulty.’ is closed to new replies.