Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Repairs to Gore-Tex
  • slowoldgit
    Free Member

As it says, does anywhere do it by mail, and have you used them?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just glue a patch of similar material on. As long as it;s waterproof it doesn’t matter if the repair isn’t breathable.

I have sent stuff back to Musto for a proper repair but that was because it was a major tear. Musto kit actually comes with small repair patches.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

http://www.tundra-repairs.co.uk/gore-tex_repairs.php

I had a new zip fitted to a Mountain Equipment hard shell jacket by the above firm and they did a very good job indeed. Someone at Mountain Equipment recommended them to me in the first place.

cinnamon_girl
    footflaps

LSR balsed up my Goretex paclite – all their new seam tape fell off in about a week – very unimpressed.

thebunk

Sorry for thread hijack….

Had a quote for £37.50 + postage to fit a new zip to my Gore Phantom Windstopper. Is that…normal? Or is it something I can get done by a normal tailor?

ratherbeintobago

Have used LSR twice and both times were fine.

Andy

Lummox

I used instant puncture patches for some smallish holes, stuck them on the inside. They lasted for years until I removed them to replace with tenacious tape. The patches stuck like wot sit to a blanket the tape fell off within months.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

So, in case anyone else is looking I sent the top to Tundra*. Had a speedy written reply from them with details, phoned them with CC number, job’s done and the parcel arrived back yesterday. All that one could ask, I feel. They must have opened up the lining to patch the inside: it’s not obvious where.

*Others are available – see above.

grahamb
    Free Member

For smallish tears up to a couple of inches, Seamgrip has worked well for me on Gore-tex, eVent & Pertex shells. The repair is mostly invisible. Most outdoor places seem to do it.

boblo
    Free Member

Yep, Maureen at Tundra is your friend. She used to run the repairs side at Boghaus when they were still Geordie based. Ace service and good pricing.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

… and pleasant on the phone, helpful by email.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

Just had the main zip on my Berghaus jacket replaced by Tundra, can’t recommend them highly enough!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Repairs to Gore-Tex’ is closed to new replies.