Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Repairing coax cable or using ethernet?
  • Premier Icon alexxx
    Free Member

I’ve made a booboo and the coax cable used for my tv has been cut a bit short and damaged in the living room. I think pulling another cable through from it will be a bit tricky as its over 2 floors… but I am prepared to give it a go as long as theres a sensible plan b if it doesnt pull.

I was thinking I could use a coax to ethernet adaptor and then use my home plugs to get it down to the TV and then back to coaxial.. has anyone done this? I’m not sure it’ll really work as I’m pretty sure my aerial has some kind of powered booster on it in the attic so not sure if that will affect it.

Any tips appreciated.. other than that all I can think is:
    1, run an external coax cable
    2, run a new cable behind the plasterboard
    3, chase up 20cm, splice the cable; fill the hole and extend the cable to a new suitable length?!

Thanks!

Premier Icon tillydog
    Free Member

the coax cable used for my tv has been cut a bit short…

…was thinking I could use a coax to ethernet adaptor

It won’t work for a TV signal. You need to extend the coax with a proper connector or replace the cable.

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon

I’d work on replacing the cable, coax loses a LOT of signal strength in each connection. You really want an uninterrupted run between the antennae and the TV.

Premier Icon pk13
    Free Member

Just used f2f barrels and 2 good connectors. If you need longer cable just use good cable

Premier Icon alexxx
    Free Member

Cool thanks I’ll have a go at running a new cable

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.