Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Repair by car garage – part under warranty – do I pay labour charge again?
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Had two brake callipers replaced on the rear (seized) in March.

Found one side binding again and low mpg.

The garage are ordering the parts again but expecting me to pay for the labour again.

Is this normal? (paying again for the labour within a year) if so fair enough.

Cheers.

highclimber
    Free Member

Is this normal?

I think not!

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I would expect the garage to claim labour costs off the supplier of the parts.

Your warranty is with the garage, the garages ‘warranty’ with the supplier / distributor of the defective parts

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

If you rolled up at the garage with the new calipers on the back seat and said: “fit them for me” – then its your loss.

If you rolled up and said “somethings wrong: fix it for me” – then it’s their responsibility that they havent done it right for what ever reason.

matt22
    Free Member

The Garage claim from the supplier for the labour costs

totalshell

if its two lads working under the arches there probably paying for the parts..

suppliers rarely if ever honor warranties.. once fitted its your responsibility is the norm.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice!

In this case I rolled up to the garage and asked them to “fix it for me.” They ordered the rear brake callipers and new cables.

I’m getting 32 mpg!

I might as well sell the car after the repair work and buy a 6 cylinder 3 litre sports car!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Ok had a squabble with garage who changed both calipers, scruffed up the pads and bled the brakes.

Cost me £30.

To be fair they have always been cheap and lubed/fixed minor stuff for free.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Mate has his own garage and fitted a cambelt and water pump to a car. the water pump seized after a few hundred miles. This snapped the belt and lunched the valves. Head off job and rebuild and was paid by the distributor of the parts, albeit they probably claimed further down the line to the part manufacturer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Repair by car garage – part under warranty – do I pay labour charge again?’ is closed to new replies.