Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Renting our UK house from Overseas…….help
  • easygroove
    Free Member

Hi

We’ve had it rented out for 4 years through an agency. Tennants are now moving out and we want to ditch the agents, they have not been great and are costly.

We want to re-let and have people ready to move in (friends of friends). We are not sure of the process we need to go through to rent the property to new tennants ourselves. Online advice is limited unless you buy the guidebooks, can anyone help with process and tips?

Thanks
    easygroove is online now Add to easygroove’s Reputation Report Post Edit/Delete Message

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You need the correct paper work – pro formas can be obtained on line. You need a depsit scheme and so on.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/BuyingAndSellingYourHome/RentingAHome/index.htm

dan_seed
    Free Member

Be careful with this…..I looked into it as I was in the same situation. the problem was that I could not get house insurance unless I had an agent in the country to sort any immediate problems. It seems like a silly rule to me because i have family who can be there quicker than the agents could sort but that was not taken into consideration by them.

Top and bottom of it for me was I had to have and agent to manage the rental(?!?!?!?!) if I wanted house insurance.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Renting our UK house from Overseas…….help’ is closed to new replies.