Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Renthal FatBar Riser Or SunLine V1 Handle Bars
  • grantway
    Free Member

Ok out of these Two what bars are the best

ftr1873
    Free Member

I have a set of V1s and they are good, fairly light but still strong. Can’t see there being much difference between them really. Go for cheapest or best colour option! 😀

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Both are available in similar width and cost about the same, so the bend and colour will be the choice you need to make.
    I run Sunline and love them, they just feel right. But I always run Renthals on my MX bike because of their reputation. The colour of the fatbar will match most fork stanchions, so it won’t look out of place on most bikes.

stevede
    Free Member

Never used renthals but can say that my v1’s in low rise 745mm flavour feel very nice on my soul, as do my easton havocs on the five. The renthals do look similar to the v1’s and both are going to be well up to the job so i think price and colour coordination would be the remaining considerations.

grantway
    Free Member

Skyline what are the bends in the Rethnals that people
    say it takes time to get used too?

Thanx guys for your replys

geetee1972
    Free Member

Hi mate – I’ve used both (oh and Havens, Burgtecs, Monkeylites… serial bike/part swapper me!) and to be honest, the only difference I can ever really feel is the width.

But, the thing that made me buy the Renthals and stick with them is their reputation for for absolute toughness. When I had the Burgtecs on, a mate of mine gave me one of those looks and said ‘watch this’.

He then proceeded to bend the bars up and down by a good, and worringly visible half inch and then gave me another look that said ‘It’s up to you mate, but I wouldn’t!’

Confidence is a thing…….

benjag
    Free Member

got 2 19mm rise V1’s and really like them, I would have got a set of renthals last time but that colour…….

grantway
    Free Member

OK think its the Renthals Fatbar
    But what are the Bends that people say that takes time to get used to?

Before i put me order through

Northwind

geetee1972 – Member

“But, the thing that made me buy the Renthals and stick with them is their reputation for for absolute toughness.”

To be fair, they had that reputation before they went on sale 😉

I liked my V Twos, nice neutral bend on them. But the finish was awful, that might not bother you but I’m a tart and the anodising was the worst I’ve ever seen on a bike part- actually worse than the dirt cheap rubbish I put on my commuter. The V One might be better, it should be at the price.

Radioman

V1 finish is good and lots of space in control area to run brakes well inboard. I run the O/S V1 711s and the low rise is great and helps a lot in cornering. Weight is “reasonable” too without being silly light, so I would think them tough enough.

The “Jimmy Saville” gold look, and bend on the Renthal put me off those. Hows about that then 😉

Northwind

I bent my old Renthals like a coathanger. But that was with 170 kilos of bike landing on them to be fair.

So in conclusion, get some Easton Havocs :mrgreen:

grantway
    Free Member

Gone with these two babys

StuE
    Free Member

You need one of these to go with them

DSCF0925 by StuE1, on Flickr

grantway
    Free Member

StuE that looks neat mate where did you get that from

grantway
    Free Member

Wicked mate cheers for speedy reply 😉

geetee1972
    Free Member

To be fair, they had that reputation before they went on sale

They did indeed. Didn’t the guys from Pace have some connection with Renthal before they started Pace? That’s where I remember the name from and clearly remember them having the reputation for utter reliability.

To be fair, they should be bombproof as they are a good 100g heavier than the lightest bars on the market.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Renthal FatBar Riser Or SunLine V1 Handle Bars’ is closed to new replies.