Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Renault Kangoo van 1.5D 09 onwards, anybody have real world experience/reviews?
  • amaan
    Free Member

I know vans come up quite a bit on these pages, so thought I’d get some advise from you knowledgeable lot, as I’m a total novice when it comes to vans.

Need a small van for work, just looking at a 2009 Kangoo, 90,000 miles with full dealer history, looks clean, anything I should look out for? it will be my first van, are they reliable? private seller(Chippy)who’s upgrading to something bigger.

Advise/recommendations for alternatives welcomed

My budget is £2,500/£3,000 I’m looking for a Mid sized van with at least one side door, just needs to be reliable.

Thanks

survivor

I’ve only done 4000 miles in my new to me 2010 kangoo. So can’t comment on long-term reliability.

It’s a nice little van to drive though and doesn’t lack in power like I thought but would. Roomy interior and comfortable seats. Seems to average about 49mpg for me.

I’ve convinced myself it’s going to be a good one as I believe nissan share the same engine and mercedes stick a new front end on and a new interior and call it a citan so I’ll stick with this wishfull thinking until something goes wrong.

Good luck

alexpalacefan

Chippy is a good trade to buy from, won’t have had too much hammer.

APF

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    northernmatt

Have a look on the Renault forums and find an older shape one that’s had a 172/182 engine dropped into it. You’ll be the fastest <insert trade here> in the west.

willstaffs
    Free Member

Got a 59 plate 1.5dci Kangoo just coming up to 77k, had it for 4 years and had a few niggly problems like window trim coming off on the motorway and the under guard at the front rattling. Had an intermittent airbag warning light for 2 years but spraying electrical contact cleaner on everything sorted it out eventually.

It’s quite slow and the engine noise can be annoying but you only really notice it after driving a car and getting back in it.

It does it’s job of lugging me the dog and my bike around admirably!

amaan
    Free Member

Thanks guys, info much appreciated.

jimjam
    Free Member

My friend/colleague had one of these. 2010 iirc. Gearbox failure at 90,000 miles which is apparently fairly common. The first time I drove it I was convinced there was something wrong with the engine. Completely gutless.

tomnavman
    Free Member

Owned a 2011 Kangoo with the same engine for about 2 years / 35000 miles June 2014 (bought with about 60k on the clock) – April 2016. It was the LWB Crew van and our only vehicle. They do a few different “tunes” for the engine – the crew only comes in the middle 85PS version.

Seemed reliable, never had any major issues. It was pretty cheap.

It was SLOW. I mean really, really slow, especially when trying to get up and over passes in the alps. Once up to speed it cruised on the motorway OK, and gave good fuel economy. Fairly easy to drive around town.

Being the LWB, the turning circle was appalling – I never got to grips with parking the thing well and usually pride myself on being fairly decent at that. My Peugeot Master camper is easier to fit into a space!

The interior also just wasn’t really a nice place to be – I didn’t really notice this at the time, but since having a couple of other cars (Polo GTI / Subaru Legacy) and then getting back in the old van I have really noticed how plasticy everything feels.

For me, wouldn’t buy again. YMMV

unovolo
    Free Member

Have a look on the Renault forums and find an older shape one that’s had a 172/182 engine dropped into it.

Your wish is granted.

https://turborenault.co.uk/renault-172-cup-kangoo.t78035/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Renault Kangoo van 1.5D 09 onwards, anybody have real world experience/reviews?’ is closed to new replies.