Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • removing wheel decals – how to?
  • organic355
    Free Member

American Classic wheels, garish graphics, want to go stealth.

Have removed the “valve” decal which was just a sticker, but the rest I am not sure.

Ive had a bit of a scrape and they do come off, so they arent under any clear laquer or anything, its just that they arent simply stickers that peel off, they kind of need to be scraped off?

Anything that will get them of quicker without damaging the black rim underneath?

was thinking of trying the hair dryer on the 1st, have tried brasso and no effect, only thing that removed them is slow and painstaking, scrapey scrapey with a blunt screwdriver

any ideas?

organic355
    Free Member

nobody?

scotroutes

Try acetone / nail varnish remover if they are a decal and not a sticker.

organic355
    Free Member

and that wont damage the black paint underneath?

scotroutes

Aren’t they anodized rather than painted?

organic355
    Free Member

not sure I will try a small test spot with the wifes NVR

jimw
    Free Member

Hot air from either a hair dryer on full bore or paint stripper ( be careful with latter). Softens glue and allows peeling off usually.

organic355
    Free Member

NVR not done anything with vigorous rubbing apart from turn the white decals a bit grey

feisty
    Free Member

No peel them off than use the NVR to wipe off the sticky residue 😆

scotroutes

Hmm. It might take a wee while to soften up the decal. Worked great on my Ti frame with a bit of patience.

organic355
    Free Member

No peel them off than use the NVR to wipe off the sticky residue

they aren’t stickers, but do seem to come off with a bit of rubbing, right hair dryer next.

Hoping the mrs doesn’t catch me with her hair dryer and makeup bag in the garage LOL

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘removing wheel decals – how to?’ is closed to new replies.