Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Removing shock pump from reverb – hiss then no pressure…
  • innit_gareth
    Free Member

Hi,

Has anyone had this happen to them or know why this is happening?

Pump up my reverb to the 250 psi, on onscrewing the shock pump all the air escapes as the pump is removed. Tried this with 2 different pumps same both time.

Cheers

Highland28
    Free Member

Loose valve core?

z1ppy

Wot he said ^^
    The air hiss ‘should’ only be the escaping air from the pump. When you say there no pressure when the pump is removed? Do you mean the Reverb doesn’t work, or that when you put the pump back on, there no reading?
    Having no reading is fine, as you would have been re-pressurising the pump when it is put back on. At such high pressure & no doubt little volume, I doubt there enough air in the seat post to fill the pump to any usable reading…

innit_gareth
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies:

Z1ppy – there is no pressure in the post after removal of the pump. I can check the valve core. I take it I just need some needle nosed pliers to check and screw up if necessary.

z1ppy

Fairy muff… but I’d try and locate a valve core (removal) tool [inner tube cap], rather than shove a pair of pliers up there & risk damaging it futher

One of these, screwed onto an old bolt:

dibboid
    Free Member

Or one of These for when you knacker the threads so you can re tap it. £3.20 bargain

bigyinn
    Free Member

Halfords sell them.
    I had to bodge one out of an old spoke nipple once, worked well too!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Removing shock pump from reverb – hiss then no pressure…’ is closed to new replies.