Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • removing rear cassette
  • richi
    Free Member

trying to get my rear cassette of, removed the first 2 rings but then its completely stuck. Is there any tricks? watched vids on youtube but they show it just dropping off but mine wont budge

rewski
    Free Member

Assume you got the right tools eg whip etc? Soak with plus gas or wd40 maybe.

richi
    Free Member

yeap already got the lock ring off and the first 2 rings but then it just feels welded onto the freehub body, i have sprayed some wd 40 on it but still not movinging at all

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Hold onto the freehub so it cant spin.

Gently tap the teeth of the rings with something solid (spanner?) in an anti clockwise direction. That should free them up.

timmys

Yep, as above. You’ve might have this kinda thing going on, depending on the hub/cassette combo;

bullroar
    Free Member

You could try poking something with a flat end through the spokes onto the back surface of the cassette and tap with a hammer. Mover round the cassette. I had to do this with a cassette that had dug into a Hope freehub body.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

bullroar – Member
    You could try poking something with a flat end through the spokes onto the back surface of the cassette and tap with a hammer. Mover round the cassette. I had to do this with a cassette that had dug into a Hope freehub body.

Risky business. You may well end up removing the freehub body rather than the cassette.

bullroar
    Free Member

True, but sometimes needs must. It was showing no inclination to come off any other way. Mind, I was gentle with the tapping not a big whack.

sam2391
    Free Member

If its a Hope pull on the cassette and you will remove the freehub body. Then you can put the freehub/cassette on the floor (smallest sprocket downwards) and gently push on the larger sprocket to remove it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘removing rear cassette’ is closed to new replies.