Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • removing post to drain and droppers
  • downthemiddle
    Free Member

I drain the seat tube on my bike after each wet ride or wash, by taking out the post. I am considering a dropper post, but wondering if doing this is a pain with a dropper post connected with cables etc. How does everyone do that. And which is the best post to make this easier ?

coatesy
    Free Member

Depends on the hose/cable routing as to how easy it is, have you considered drilling a 3mm drain hole in the BB shell?

hughjengin
    Free Member

Its a Carbon frame, so not so confident

Bushwacked
    Free Member

You really do this?? What are the benefits?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Ks lev is best for this but even with the wife’s reverb, compress the post, then remove obviously gives me 125mm of slack cable/hose to play with.

soobalias
    Free Member

squishing the reverb gives plenty of slack to remove the post, but the hoses are on clips anyway so easy to undo.
    could see an issue with the new internal routing ones.

hughjengin
    Free Member

I’m in the same dilemma I have a carbon stumpy 29er with internal routing..hmmm. I am not sure how much water stays in there TBH, and whether it needs draining, but I am coming from a LP Zesty that went through Bottom brackets regularly due to water sat in the bb, This improved dramatically when I got in the habit of draining it after every ride. Which is why I do it now.

downthemiddle
    Free Member

I think the Specialized command post has a quick release on the cable at the post end, so that may be the answer. But havent seen a good price on that post any where ??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘removing post to drain and droppers’ is closed to new replies.