Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Removing photos from Apple Iphone
  • ugarizza
    Free Member

My mum’s iphone is full. Is it straightforward to remove photos/videos from it and put on an alternate device (USB).

It would be easy in Android, just plug it in then cut the photos and paste onto the usb folder.

Can I do the same in iphone?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Use the cloud?

ugarizza
    Free Member

Once on the cloud, how do you mass delete them from the iphone?

matt_outandabout

Both Android and Apple back up to the cloud, if you allow them to.

You can manage both from within a browser, including moving and deleting images.

I don’t know the Apple address, but photos.google.com or contacts.google.com for example

kennyp
    Free Member

Be careful when deleting as you may inadvertently remove them from the cloud too ie you’ll have no backup.

oldtennisshoes

Just be careful that if you delete them from the phone, they aren’t automatically deleted from the iCloud.

edit: What Kenny said – great minds 😀

ugarizza
    Free Member

Is there any way to plug the phone into a computer and drag them off the device itself?

timbog160

Yes just plug into a USB port then you can open the phone like any normal storage device and right click copy.  But I don’t think you can copy them back the other way bizarrely…

ugarizza
    Free Member

Thanks – got that.

Can I delete them too this way? When I try to move/delete it tells me I don’t have permission.

CountZero

Can I delete them too this way? When I try to move/delete it tells me I don’t have permission.

Probably needs the primary password.

ugarizza
    Free Member

I think I figured it out.

I turned off the synch to icloud thing – she doesn’t need photos to be uploaded to the icloud from her phone.

That seems to be clearing off the local copy and freeing up space on the iphone.

The rest could be mopped up using photos on Windows 10 – has an import from iphone and delete after function.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Removing photos from Apple Iphone’ is closed to new replies.